NM SUCCESS!! (Congrats IdahoBugler)

browtine

Administrator
I was fortunate?!?! enough to spend the last 4 days in camp with Moosie and Idaho Bugler. This is the update as of last night when I left camp to come home.

Last friday was full of scouting. Bryce (IdahoBugler) and I were spotting alot of deer. We tried to show Moosie some of these deer but he just called us liars and went back to playing with his nipples (see below)<--- what was that second word Moosie??:D
DSC_3576.jpg

Moosie made the comment that this buck would die if nothing bigger was found... FIGURES
DSC_3466.jpg

So saturday morning (season opener) I awoke to the sound of the Alarm clock going off and going off, and going off. I finally got up and turned the damn thing off myself. I had to cross the entire length of the tent and reach over Idahobugler to turn off his alarm clock. WTF!?!?!?

After I turned on the lantern and started the stove for warmth.. moosie and Idahobugler finally rise out of bed. It was still early, but moosie had to have a picture of the "first morning" Idahobugler said he WOOD take the picture :)
DSC_3530.jpg

after that he (IdahoBugler) demanded his Oatmeal.

We rode MTbikes for about 6 miles into the back country. We split up from IdahoBugler as he took a wrong turn and ended up back at camp I guess ?!?!
Moosie and I started glassing as it got light. Moosie started out glassing very hard
DSC_3476.jpg

that turned into a bit less of an effort as he started yelling (The Bucks Are Coming)
DSC_3468.jpg

after I yelled at him many, many times, he went back to glassing.
DSC_3481.jpg

five minutes later, I turn around and see this.....
DSC_3486.jpg

So basically, I spotted all the deer on this trip. See part 2 below <---what word was the moosie??!?!?

I glassed a few bucks and showed them to Moosie, He was begging for the key to his trigger lock that IdahoBugler and I had installed on his gun. No such luck for him. We watched these bucks feed into the tree's
IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

So the rest of the day was spent listening to moosie ball about his trigger lock as we passed on several more decent bucks.

We all met back up at camp. IdahoBugler was a little pissed that we left him in the dust on the opener. I guess he saw two does that day. After Moosie and I fed him full of crap about how we hadnt seen anything, he decided everything was ok and went back to being the camp bitch.... I mean cook :)
DSC_3515.jpg

Sunday was more of the same. This time we hiked about 5 miles into the back country and away from where we had seen all of the deer. A great plan that IdahoBugler had come up with somtime during the night.

we arrived back at camp at dark. We didnt see crap in this "awesome" spot that IdahoBugler had suggested (he basically cried when we initially said no)

Spirits were high back at camp as IdahoBugler told the story of how when he left moosie and I during our hike, he had made a pit stop and missed killing a 30 inch buck because he was several inches from his gun, whenhe finally got to his gun, the deer was gone
DSC_3516.jpg

Moosie talked about how his life as a poorn star didnt really turn out
DSC_3526.jpg

Day 3, more of the same however, IdahoBugler decided he wanted to try the oposite side of the canyon we were hunting. About mid day, He spotting this Monster and made a clean shot at 300 yards.. Way to go man! You have enough meat for several years.. I hope you donate some of that....

DSC_3574.jpg

Good Luck guys. They will be there three more days and I hope they bag a monster...

Thats some funny stuff! :) I can see why you left, looks like you guys weren't having any fun. ;) Ought to be interesting to hear the rest of the story.....or at least their side of it.

That was great Brandon, thanks for the story. I hope they both get a good one.

I swear, if Oscar comes back with a deer less than a four point, he is banned until at least January. :D

BTW, was Bryce's buck a stag. :eek: :D

I'm sure the moment Brandon pulled out of their camp, the mighty hunters knew they'd be getting a beating here this week. Too funny...

Here I thought Moosie and IB were going to New Mexico to hunt but I guess I was way wrong!! It looks like they are at least having a good time. Eventually we'll hear everyone's side of the story........and Moosie's will probably be skewed the most. Browtine and IB don't lie so time will tell. Hopefully both of them connect on great bucks, even bigger than that white horned monster! Good luck fellas.

Not sure if it was a stag.. but you can't remove the head from this "buck" as there is nothing on the carcass to sustain gender :eek:

mtmiller said:
That was great Brandon, thanks for the story. I hope they both get a good one.

I swear, if Oscar comes back with a deer less than a four point, he is banned until at least January. :D

BTW, was Bryce's buck a stag. :eek: :D

HAHAHA!! This is some funny stuff...

I like the look on Bryce (IdahoBugler)'s face on the first pic of Moosie playing with his niples, he just looks like he can't believe this is happening to him... :)

Great story... :D

Those guys were lucky they had you there, waking them up, finding all the deer. Who did the cooking? Was it any good?

Why did you walk the second day? Loose your bikes on the first day? At least you were into some deer, very good!!

You know these two sure look alike..... but i doubt they are the same IQ
albert.jpg

moosie.jpg

it's good to see that Moosie can still play with his nipples!!!!

Moosie are they as good as new???? must be............

looks like there will be stories for quite some time and it may take us about 2 yrs to decipher 'em----chris

Kinda looks like that buck that IB got may have spoiled by the time they got to it. I think I would see about getting a replacement tag for that thing.

As you can see in some of the pictures, We found a few sheds... here is moosie's set, the size does reflect the man... or atleast im told by IB.
DSC_3558.jpg

here is a set IB found, 3 miles apart.. Great looking set?!?!?
DSC_3557.jpg

and of course, moosie drinking a pop
DSC_3579.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back