NM Spring 2019

hank4elk

We have had the best spring moisture I have seen in 10 yrs in NM. Had over an inch of good soaking rain here the last week alone.
Forecast is for more to come with El Nino setting in for good monsoons & winter ahead.
Grass & wildflower sprouting. Water everywhere....for NM.
Can't remember which podcast Randy said it, but whoever has a NM or AZ tag this year is in for good antler growth with healthy critters.
Now I just hope I din't jinx myself & we fall back into drought.
Rio Grande is flowing @ 140% of normal thru Alb. & should stay that way till late June they say with the snowpack we have .
I'll get some wildflower shots if it doesn't snow then dry out....LOL

I hope that it works out for you and that tag you have. It will be nice seeing you and Rio proudly posing with big hank on the ground.

I was just telling a buddy the other day the same thing, I’m pumped I drew an elk tag this year and can’t wait to see how the antler growth goes this year. Gonna make the first scouting trip next weekend and try to get 3 or 4 cams hung.

Man sounds great! We have good growth up here already, few starting to branch already. Keep us posted please
-gila rifle tag holder!

Good news hank, how are the aquifers doing?
Looking good from what I have read. Another wet year we might get near normal.
San Francisco River is running strong @ Reserve & the White Mtn. lakes are full.
Seen some nice trout out of those northern streams Ken.
A nice old lady caught a 10lb rainbow on the Pecos last week....wow.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back