monsoons

hank4elk

Getting the 1st monsoon rain of the year.
Light showers, but temps dropped 20 deg.

Elk showing up nightly again and Rio is warning them off. LOL
House wide open to get some of the air flow. Great smells flowing.
Good wildflower crop showing and the plains have a green tint.

Feeling better every day.
Seem to be kicking the cancer in the butt . Numbers way down. Positive vibes, not cocky.
Even Rio is doing better and running around more.

Tags spoken for and I am pleased.
Neighbor sold his one UW MB tag for $9500,in minutes.
I'm getting firewood, labor and some bison meat. Cool deal.

Life is good in Pie Town,NM
Tupac Hank

How you feeling about this year? You have a feeling it’s going to be a wet year?

How you feeling about this year? You have a feeling it’s going to be a wet year?
Well, with 2 decent years of moisture here going into El Nino I'd say if there was a year for a bull tag this is it...
Good thing I drew a cow tag. LOL.

Monsoon forecast for NM is out on NOAA. Looks decent going into winter.
With the feed and water that is here already it should be muddy and exciting.
Could be warmer than normal and go into wetter than normal.

The few bulls I have seen recently have massive base growth...the cows are all fat.

My neighbor who sold the tag asked me at the garage if this heat is normal. I said not really and the owner of the place said she concurred.
Last year was a fluke in local monsoon and wet winter into May. Not normal. I got 18.22" ,Yvonne said they got 14". 5 miles from me. Yvonne remarked an 88 yo lady she knows said she had never seen so much rain in the monsoon.
Danny said he recorded 13", a mile up the basin from me.

He was getting a flat fixed on his trailer and filling the antifreeze. He looked bedraggled. He's been clearing trees from his fence along the road to repair cattle fences, and he is a retired chef. And his wife owns the pie shop.
I just said slow down in the heat. Work mornings or evenings. The monsoon cool will be here.
How can you tell a big happy guy he needs to shed 100 to be happier? Healthier?
Trade more bacon for their great chickens?

Good folks have moved in, in the 14 years I've been here. I still can't see a roof in my part of the valley.

Cows moving past my home on each side. Teaching the young how to avoid the guy and the dog and get back to their beds.

Getting the 1st monsoon rain of the year.
Light showers, but temps dropped 20 deg.

Elk showing up nightly again and Rio is warning them off. LOL
House wide open to get some of the air flow. Great smells flowing.
Good wildflower crop showing and the plains have a green tint.

Feeling better every day.
Seem to be kicking the cancer in the butt . Numbers way down. Positive vibes, not cocky.
Even Rio is doing better and running around more.

Tags spoken for and I am pleased.
Neighbor sold his one UW MB tag for $9500,in minutes.
I'm getting firewood, labor and some bison meat. Cool deal.

Life is good in Pie Town,NM
Tupac Hank
Hope we got a few drops of rain SW of you Hank. Working at cabin last weekend and it was brutal by the afternoon. Had to take a siesta with the dogs. Found some good oak. When it cools down, let's cut.

With all the rain we've had not sure monsoons will be so welcome up here, lol.
Glad to hear though it is kicking in for you all.

I sent you a pm
I can never complain about rain or snow in NM. But the mud is special. LOL

Hope we got a few drops of rain SW of you Hank. Working at cabin last weekend and it was brutal by the afternoon. Had to take a siesta with the dogs. Found some good oak. When it cools down, let's cut.
The clouds were over your place yesterday, but the flow was NE. It was a short shower that wet the ground here but every day it gets greener.
10-60% chance all week now. Not a cloud in the sky now.

Yeah I want to go work but not after it heats up anymore. And I have to take it easy. Soon.

Hank, Lu is ready to run the pond with Rio. Lu will do still water but moving water freaks him out. LOL
He sure ran Rio's butt ragged that day. And we need a pic of the gang in the water.
Always a bone and green grass for cool downs too.

Rio went into the Little Colorado one day and did not expect the depth nor currant. He got out and has never been back in. LOL He will drink .

Plein air sunrise.
Clouds in the morning means the heat is pulling in Mexico moisture into the SW.
95 again yesterday and it clouded up and rained a couple miles away. Then baked.
Hope the new ac comes soon.
Our road finally got graded. Dust bowl freeway. LOL Waiting for some moisture now to pack and then rock.
Going to be a mess for a while when it gets wet.
40% chance today. Clouds over the Gila growing.

Got the house down to 64. Opened the doors @0400.
95 again yesterday ,until the clouds moved in and we got spit on.
Clouds disappearing in sunlight now.
The heat dome is bad but it just keeps sucking the moisture into these mountains.
The low lands are scorching. 100+. Monsoon cycle in works.
Elk hammering(LOL) the water in my tanks.
Ravens in the yard hammering Rio's bones. He set them straight...
We walked the property early yesterday and he over did it running after rodents, then layed in the big tank for a cool down. Elk tracks and scat all over.

Todays job is watering trees around the house and close it up early.
This heat dome is hitting my friends farm in WI...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back