NM Late Muzzleloader

Bighorn191

First time applying for this tag and got drawn! I've been hunting the west my whole life it seems and a good elk has always evaded me. They are my achilles heel if you will. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a die hard elk hunter. I'd rather hunt or guide for sheep, love pronghorn hunting, love archery whitetail, etc. But, when I finally got to crack a good bull, I might have a new interest. He's a good bull that I'm pretty proud of but I do look forward someday to killing a really big bull. I'm impressed by all the guys that kill big bulls regularly, especially with a bow. Anyway, it was a great hunt in NM and I can't wait to apply again soon and hopefully begin planning the next great adventure...

Attachments

• Elk.jpg
    Elk.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 568
Congrats on optimizing tough to get NR opportunity. Dandy bull and fine field pic.

You must be dazed and confused by the cloud there in CO, as that qualifies as a really good bull. Very few guys kill 300" bulls every year, much less with a bow. Great mass on your bull.

Good job on getting a great bull. I am also in amazement of the guys on here that regularly kill big bulls. I would put that bull as great in my book. Congrats again and may your luck continue with elk.

Back