Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nice Pronghorn Buck

nmtaxi

I took pics of this buck last year. I think he is about a 14"-15" buck in the mid 70's. Nice shape though, with lots of wall appeal. What would you guess he scores?

ant1.jpg

ant2.jpg

ant3.jpg

Cool looking buck. I think he might be more like 15 1/2 - 15 3/4". I'd say your score guess is close. Around 75.

I'm not much of a goat guy so not sure on score but that is a great looking buck

I think that buck is longer than you think, but may not break 80" due to what appears to be just average mass. I do know that if I saw him where my tag is good for in October I would know exactly what he would score!

I too am terrible at scoring antelope, but he looks longer than 14-15". Either way, I wouldn't think twice about shooting him as I've never seen a buck that big in person.

I think he's over 15 inches for sure, but he does look to have average mass and prongs. I agree he does have a great horn shape.

I'd say he scores 76-77.

Heres one I found a few years back in the Wyoming unit you'll be hunting this year with a pretty similar shape, with a bit better mass I think:

ant162.jpg

ant164.jpg

ant16.jpg

That's a nice buck Buzz. I'd take him any day.

WY antelope are so much bigger in the body than NM antelope. It seems to me, in WY, when a buck looks really big, he's usually really big. I think the smaller bodied bucks down here can be deceptive to a lot of hunters. They'll look bigger than they are.

When I first saw the buck I posted, I figured him at 16". The more I looked at him, the more I thought he might be shorter. He also has very large ears, and that throws me a little. I'll agree that I'm probably shorting him a little though.

I agree with you on the body size as well, they certainly seem to be smaller bodied in New Mexico...at least from a sample of the two my wife and I shot down there.

Been seeing some pretty darn good bucks in your WY area...will fill you in on the details before you get here.

I think he's got great length and shape, but he's a little lacking in mass...still a beautiful buck that I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on

I think he is an awesome looking goat. I would love to have him on my wall and wouldn't blame you for placing your tag on him.

I think the first buck has more wow factor than the second one. That being said, they're both very nice units. Thanks for the pics.

The first one is deceiving, he's really not that tall, look compared too his ears, unless he has huge ears he's probably only 13", he's a nice buck though, low 70 score, Buzz that one you showed is not similar, it's easily several inches longer and definitely heavier, this last buck is similar too the buck Buzz posted, and would be a shooter, looks too be a 79" buck, my opinion of coarse,
Matt

Nice job Duck-Slayer. You were on the dot with that one. 79". I think you may be a little short on the top, but you may be right. I think that's a very deceptive buck.

DSCF1183cr.jpg

I looked at that first pic and I still can't get any bigger than 72, I shot a 74, 2 years ago with my bow and it was 151/2 and that one in the top pic isn't that big,
Matt

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back