Nice Grizzly

powderburn

Ran into this Sow less than 600 yards from camp. My riding buddy's face turned white when I asked him to whistle at it so I could get a shot of it's face. He declined so I whistled and low and behold it had a look and I took the picture. Made for a restless night for some of the crowd, 9 people in 5 tents. I told them not to worry as my tent was on the grassy knoll and I'd cover them from there. I had a half dozen barley soup with a couple stiff rum chasers and slept like a baby.

Had to look at this three times - gorgeous bear!!!
Awesome camp...you have my neck swelling.
Good luck on your trip man!

A view from the grassy knoll at the cook tent on the down wind side of camp. couple more tents over the edge and my quad [ always have one in camp just in case] with a commanding view of the camp at night. When I flip on the 20 inch double row light bar it's like daylight. If crap were to happen we can light it up like daylight. Mind you it was so windy that night you wouldn't have heard if a herd of grizzlies hit the camp tent. The griz did hit the next camp down the trail and ate a jerry can full of fuel and scratched up the guys truck pretty good but left the rest of the camp alone. A little video from inside my tent at 2:30 in the morning. That Tipi tent stood up against that breeze. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6eDZnfwtMM&feature=youtu.be

Great pictures...you can have those big bears, but i like the look of those mountains!! Our Koala Bears are certainly not in your league in terms of being a danger in the bush...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back