Nice deadhead

mtlion

I went out east shed hunting over the weekend, only found 3 white antlers and two deadheads but one of them was the best deadhead I've picked up. He tapes 28 inches on the outside. It was one of those rare times when you follow a trail of bones to find the pot of gold at the end.

Winter kill mule deer buck (Odocoileus hemionus). by Ryan Richards Photography, on Flickr

Winter kill mule deer buck (Odocoileus hemionus). by Ryan Richards Photography, on Flickr

Here's the other deadhead I found.

Nice buck!
Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like he is a little short in the tooth.

Antlerradar

Thanks guys. I was definitely stoked when I found that, it made the trip.

Beyond the tripod another thing I think is cool about that buck is how far up the beam his brows ride.

radar, I thought he was little short in the tooth as well. I'd like to think he evaded hunters his whole life and died of old age out there.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back