Next years Hunts?

Dinkshooter

What hunts are you looking forward to the most next year?

I am already trying to gear up and get ready for a hunt in Brooks Range for another chance at those white sheep. If AZ would finally cough up a archery bull tag for me in 2007 I wouldn't complain either.

How about U?

As you may be able to tell I have NOTHING on the plate for the remainder of 2006.

Deposit in for BC blacks and applied for Kodiak goat last night. Utah and Wyoming apps are dependant on the Alaska draw. Still will be hunting the hell out of MT and will be in SD again next year.

I don't plan on drawing anything special, but I'll try to put in enough apps to have a chance. I'll be applying for various tags in ID, MT, WY, AZ and CO. First app is already in...white sheep. Probably a better chance of getting struck by lightning sitting here, though.

I'll put in the usual four or five state LE archery bull apps, three rifle mule deer and I'm thinking of adding a few moose app.s this year. Just hope I draw one of them.

I'm undecided on what to do in ID for next year at this point. I'm kicking around putting in for sheep or moose and if I don't do that then it will be put in for elk and antelope. No matter what I'll be chasing elk and deer next year for sure. I'm also kicking around the idea of applying for elk in AZ or NM and maybe AZ and NV mule deer.

Headed up to AK again for a 10 day float hunt for grizz, black bear, moose, wolf and bou's

Alrighty, I also wish to Whack an Elk, Drop some Deer and Blast some Ducks. So the trips would be, Colorado, Louisiana Camp and Stuttgart, Arkansas. John

Open hunts for deer and elk in Idaho unless I get a controlled hunt. Since I drew a bull tag I can't put in for antlered elk in Idaho. Maybe look at a late muzz hunt for muleys (again, if I can draw).

Then the usual CO, WY, NV, UT for deer, maybe an antelope/elk in WY.

ONe thing big on the plate is an August, 2007 South Africa safari.

Since I have got burned out and given up on Bass fishing tournaments I have a full plate planned for next year.

Besides already drawing a Javalina tag for the spring I am going to be
Putting in for Deer, Elk , antelope and sheep for Arizona and Nevada. Deer and elk in Utah and colorado. I already have a Elk hunt on the white mountains fort apache resevation and atleast 1 Coues deer hunt in Mexico.

So with my luck with the draw systems I will probaly only be hunting Javalina, reservation elk and mexico coues for sure. But I will have a few more bonus points for the following year :wank:

Anything I can draw my first year in Utah. Elk is my biggest hope. My wife will also be joining me on the hunts this year - she is really looking forward to it.

Looking like elk/deer muzzy hunt in CO as of right now as far as hunting goes. Might try and squeeze in a spring bear hunt in MT.

Going on a vacation/fishing trip to Chile next fall. That should be a good time as well.

I'm planning on another MT mule deer hunt. Taking my dad out west for the first time.

I'm looking at a general Elk tag in ID and probably general deer/elk archery tags in UT. I'll probably chase some whitetails in IN with Pops. Those are the for sures...well if I don't wait too long.

Applications are another whole bag...
Pronghorn - WY, MT
Elk - UT, WY, NV, AZ
Deer - WY, NV, AZ, KS, SD possibly CO as well
Moose - WY possible ID as well
Sheep - UT, NV, AZ, CO, MT, WY; just for the points
Goat - WY, MT; again for the points

Might try to swing to SD or KS for birds for a few days later in the year. Hopefully booking a 'bou hunt for '08.

Decent chance of drawing mtn goat in ID

Decent chance of drawing deer, elk, or sheep in NV.

Slim chance of drawing mtn goat or sheep in SD.

If no great tags are drawn then I'll be flipping sticks at ID elk, and the usual fare of multiple SD deer and antelope.

I need to start looking at Dall sheep seriously. I have a hard time getting swallowing the $10k price tag.....I'm starting to think that if I can make my old Ford last another couple years, that should justify booking the hunt....

Edit..I also want to try a March steelheading trip to the Clearwater again..It's been much too long.

Im hoping to draw bull tag for Wa. Other than that, would hope to get another nice Whittail buck.

1 pointer, Have you looked into hunting Wa for Moose? The numbers are doing pretty well.

I forgot to add depending on how life is looking I'm going to try to kill a bear in Idaho this spring. Will probably do some baiting with the bow and spot and stalk with the rifle in my new "secret" bear spot.

I'll probably try again for a moose permit.The wifes moose was damaged in a house fire a couple years ago,and while it's being re-done it will never be the same.Also have never got a really good muley to go with the whitetails,so that needs to get done next year.Also the wife insists that I kill a cat this winter.

CH- Nope I haven't looked into applying WA. The tags I apply for now have that budget pretty wiped out come about May. Thanks for the idea though.

Pointer, Well if you get some extra cash and apply and get drawn Kevin and I know where there is a huge bull. He has a large area but well worth hiking to find him..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back