Next years Hunts?

Well at least everyone has a next year dream. My brother in AK must be a homo cause he can't decide/pick where to go in the Brooks for white sheep. I guess we have this month to decide. Could be in a worse situation:rolleyes:

I'll be chasing spring black bears and if I have time, spring brown bears too. Come August we'll be chasing sheep, if we draw, in either the Tok or Delta area's and if we don't we'll be hunting them in the Chugach mountains. After sheep I have a caribou hunt north of Fairbanks somewhere and If I draw a goat tag I'll be off to Kodiak in September but if I don't draw, i'll be going after moose in the Interior. If I don't connect with a brown bear in the spring then i'll be looking for one while moose hunting.

I am booked for a dall sheep hunt in the Alaska range for August 10th, 2007.
It has been a lifetime goal that is finally here. I have sheep fever BAD!!!!!!!!!

That's a good looking line-up Akbearhunter!

The hunt I look forward to the most would be bighorn! Of course, I have to draw the tag first, but if I don't it won't be for lack of trying, as I will be putting in 7 apps. for them.
Other than that long shot, I'm burning some points and expecting to draw a good deer tag in the gunnison basin.
There's always a chance at drawing one of the other tags (deer, elk, antelope, goat, moose) in CO, NV, WY, AZ, MT, NM, UT, but I'm not holding my breath.

SPOTTED OWL said:
I am booked for a dall sheep hunt in the Alaska range for August 10th, 2007.
It has been a lifetime goal that is finally here. I have sheep fever BAD!!!!!!!!!

Me to Owl:D I went this fall and it is all I can think of right now. It was so cool seeing those big dudes up on top the mountains.

August can not get here quick enough. I have always dreamed of hunting the Brooks.

Dall Sheep someday. For 2007 I'll put in for Calif Bighorn in SW Idaho, and perhaps one of the Montana Unlimited Bighorn Hunts.

I'll take a Sheep tag anywhere. Right now I've got MN Bear, SD Deer, and hopefully WY lope on tap for '07. If I draw anything else, it will be a bonus. :)

Already paid my trespass fee to hunt with the Wild Bunch in Colorado; Elk and muley... might pass on the elk unless I get around to buying a freezer. Each year I get a coastal A zone blacktail tag and time permitting, I'll put in for an alloted landowner tag for muleys in X3a Northern California. Wonder if my old beater truck can handle all the miles I might need to put on it?

In for AZ elk, like that will ever happen. CA limited tag deer hunt in the Sierra and the wildcards for elk and sheep. If my friend can decide if he wants to go, a CO limited tag elk hunt or WY prairie goat. I'd like to try Idaho but I don't think I'll make it this year. And of course all the ducks, quail, chukar and doves that I can manage.

In addition to deer and elk here in Washington, am considering a mule deer/antelope hunt in Wyoming, and elk in eastern Oregon (if I draw the tag I want.)

Still working on talking my brother into the Wyoming hunt. Only 3 months to decide...

general season deer, elk, and bear...if I draw, I'll try for a speed goat...it's still three more thanI hunted this year, maybe 4

Oryx on Jan 20, 2007 in NM

April Eastern MT Turkey

April Spring Bear at the cabin in NW MT

August Achery pronghorn in MT

Sept Elk in MT

Nov Kodiak Blacktails

And of course donations to NM, CO, AZ, WY, NV UT, MT for bonus points on all the LE units as I never seem to be able to draw anything (except the ORYX that was a shock)

where can you go to put in for these hunts on public land ? Is there a grandmother of site that covers all state app ? I like to go on a hunt for elk but have no clue on how to go about it. the closer to my state here in NY the better. Any ideas ? where I can go to fine out the cost of a tag/land to hunt etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back