Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

News to me . . .

I had no idea that the archaic “blue laws” extended to hunting - and 3 states still prohibit hunting on Sunday. Weird. https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/02/pennsylvania-sunday-hunting-expansion-bill-on-the-move
Grew up in PA. This has been an ongoing battle forever. One big opponent to it getting passed is recreationists complaining that they need one day a week to hike and ride side by sides without getting shot and a host of other reasons like the people that say deer need a day off once a week. Sounds silly but these people are loud and make their case very effectively everytime it comes up.

Then there's the alcohol... Thank God college football is still allowed... 😆

Virginia is one of them, hunting on Sunday is allowed on private land only.

Yep. Grew up hunting in VA and NC. Just love people telling me what I can and cannot do on my weekends.

Rehashing a decades long story. Pa. Farm Bureau has called the shots on Sunday hunting for years. Game Commission has buckled under the threat of Bureau’s members posting their land if Sunday hunting ever came to fruition. Only recently have politicians become involved, mainly because their politically appointed commissioners haven’t listened to their customers,(license holders),and are begging for a license increase. A recent audit shows some serious mismanagement of Commission funds. Stay tuned, sound like quite the debacle in the making...

As far as trespass laws being revamped, it’s about time. Trespassing is met with a slap on the wrist. Small fine and away you go. Nothing to stop anyone from coming on to your property and shooting your pet, corn fed whitetail. Giving game wardens the ability to write trespass violations may help, but until you put some teeth into the penalty, not much is gonna change. Not talking about criminal trespass here ,just a misdemeanor trespass violation.

Unfortunately Massachusetts and Maine, 2 of the states I hunt every year do not allow Sunday hunting at all. I also hunt CT which allows bowhunting on Sundays on private land

Separation of Church and State????

I'd be for making a run at changing that crap every legislative session if I lived in one of those states.

Reminds me of decades of battle over shopping blue laws in ND growing up, but I assumed this crap had gone the way of the buggy whip.

Virginia has stalled after hunting private land in Virginia was approved. I tried working with the guy who started the movement but he had all but given up.

Make for a short hunting season for the weekend warriors. There's a good Meateater podcast where they touch on this.

Back