Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Newb

diem24

Im Nik from Northern IL. I only work to afford my next hunt. Mostly interested in Alaska/Western states big game hunts. Never been on a DIY hunt but going to be setting something up real soon. Thanks to all for the good reads, bad jokes and useful knowledge.

Nik

Welcome from Idaho. Having tag soup for dinner tonight. Was hotter than a popcorn phart last week. Like having cheetos duck taped to the bottom of our boots trying to walk around the ridges and bottoms. Always just out of range, but a bad shot is a bad shot. Will always be next year.

Another welcome from Idaho. Where at in N IL? I moved to Idaho from Rockford, IL in 2009, lived in Rolling Meadows before that. Good luck in your next hunt.

Thanks everyone! You wouldnt know dry unless you were in IL this summer. Worst draught Ive seen since Ive been alive ('77). But it sure doesnt hep the sneak when its crunchy like that. Im from Freeport actually. Its 20 miles west of Rockford. Id give a kidney to live out there vs Rockford!! Never been out west on an unguided hunt but am in the early stages of prep. Getting really tired of paying outfitters. Just dropped a boatload on my first moose in the Yukon. Wont be making those same mistakes again!! Outfitter was ok but the guide was less than capable, so I am here to sponge up info on doing it myself.

I did some work in Freeport when I lived out there. There is a lot of information that can be learned from this site if you pay attention and contribute to the forums as well as ask questions. If you just want information and aren't willing to share your own knowledge this can be a rough place.

Back