Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New World's Record! (pending)

I have no idea where the county lines are in New Mexico. I'll have to look on a map.

Mike bought one of the New Mexico Big Game Enhancement Packages. No idea what it sold for at the auction though we didn't charge him nearly 20K.

Oh, and the coolest thing about this buck, is seeing it in person and holding it next to all the other 90-inchers we have at the house. It's so absolutely ridiculous looking that I still don't know how it "only" scored 95-2/8. It makes most of the 94-inchers look puny!

Last edited:
I think the buck was probably 4-1/2 years old. I saw him in 2009 and he was about 80-82 inches and had the look of a young buck.

Whoa! those horns are framing for a ten story building!

Grats Eli! You have one very happy client there! Massive!

thegamegtr: I don't know if it's even an option for you, but for anyone else that might be attending, we should have the buck on display at the Safari Club Convention in Las Vegas in February.

that buck is ridiculous!

When will it be panel scored? How much will it shrink between now and then? Do you think it will hold up?

Not sure. I don't even know if the scoresheet has been sent in yet. Once B&C gets it I'm sure they'll contact Mike and come up with a plan. Shouldn't shrink too much, if any. In fact, my Dad and I still come up with more than 95-2/8 when we score it, so I'd guess it will hold up nicely.

And I might have passed on it with the broken tip :( Congrats to all involved, raising the bar for the rest of us !! to me 79-80 was the speed i kept at on the way out west :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back