Caribou Gear

New world record non-typical???

Elkmaster

OK,,,,lets the internet gossip begin!. I got this from a unconfirmed source so take it for whats it worth. Claim is that this buck was shot with smoke-pole by a 15 year old in Monroe County Ia. Conservation officer scored it at 322 Boone & Crocket. Anyone got anything more,,,or less about this??
fa4ef638.jpg

Randy

Heres a pic of the real new hunter killed whitetail. Some of the info that came with the pic you got does fit this deer. It was taken by a 15 yr old with a muzzleloader in Iowa.

attachment.php

That pic and story came from North American Whitetail magazine. Its a fair chase animal and taken fairly but the story describes the hunt as if they had decided one day to kill the family pet. They let the kid shoot the thing as I am sure that makes the story that much more dramatic and marketable. Pay attention to the account of the actual hunt...it didnt seem like there was any mention of calls, scents, etc. that I recall but I would be willing to bet that this bucks rack will end up on everything from calls to toilet paper.

I think the first pic was computered altered to make it look that way. But the second deer, I like the pic much better though. It looks more realalistic.
Quick Draw

I can't be 100% positive but I think the big based buck was killed on a game farm
eek.gif

This link has pictures of the same guy and kid with other monster bucks at a "Hunting Preserve". So take it for what its worth.
H-40.jpg

banner.gif

H-54.jpg

web page
farm bucks

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-16-2003 15:09: Message edited by: Bambistew ]</font>

its a stinking game farm. Not one picture of them wearing any blaze orange. If this was any state in the midwest, including wisconsin they would be illigal unless its a game farm. What a bunch of wanna bees

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-18-2003 06:13: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back