Yeti GOBOX Collection

New ruger american Gen II

I have 2 tikkas . I never understood why everyone thinks the action makes a rifle . Tikkas were a deal 6-8 years ago at 650 bucks off the shelf . Now for a threaded version it’s over 1000 . I’m interested in this rifle if the trigger is decent .
Costs $100 to have a muzzle threaded. Lots of sub $700 tikkas out there right now if a guy shops online.

We have 5 of the Predator versions, they plain ass shoot, sure they are clunky, little flitz polish on the bolt, little shaving on the stock so it don't touch the barrel, $13 trigger spring from MCARBO, just a bit of tinkering with which I don't mind doing the work on them, but that's me. The 1s that we run are very accurate and less than $550. Got a Gen 2 coming for $580 from my local shop. The 243 did have some feeding issues but Ruger sent a new Mag and haven't had any problems it's the flush mag version.

I wish ruger had offered its GoWild 2506 in a longer barrel. And before discontinuing that caliber Tikka only made it in 22”. But both good rifles

A few listings on gunbroker show new T3x 7mm mags (w/ fluted barrel) for around $700. Ive been trying to talk myself out of buying one.

I'll be interested to handle them. The Americans are always where I steer folks for entry level guns that are still good value. The original stocks were not stiff enough and the trigger are just acceptable, but for the money good guns. I want to see how they compare to the Weatherby 307s as well which have many of the same features.

Because my $1000 tikka out shoots my $2000 CA and my best friends $5000 full custom.

Even at the higher price point still great value for money.
And Tikkas have a phenomenal trigger. I like the triggers in my Sako .300 win mag and Tikka .308 better than the Timney and Triggertech I’ve used. Those two rifles are by far the most accurate I own.

The Ruger looks like a pretty solid rifle for the money, even though I’m not a fan of the looks.

I’ve been impressed with the ruger Americans I have been around. If I had a good reason to buy one I would.

And Tikkas have a phenomenal trigger. I like the triggers in my Sako .300 win mag and Tikka .308 better than the Timney and Triggertech I’ve used. Those two rifles are by far the most accurate I own.

The Ruger looks like a pretty solid rifle for the money, even though I’m not a fan of the looks.

For like $10 can make that tikka trigger even better.

"Out shoots". How so? mtmuley
Controlling as many variables as possible, ie using the same factory ammo m, with the same tolerances (Hornady Match) my tikka is more accurate than my Christiansen.

Even with my handloads, where I get phenomenal results with my CA (repeatable 5 shot groups sub 4” at 600 yards) I still get better groups with the tikka.

I’m not saying my Christiansen is a bad rifle, it’s impressively accurate and it’s got a permanent place in my safe, but head to head my tikka is better value for the money.

But will it be available in left handed?! Its annoying that they don’t make the ranch model in lefty. So much so that I used the little suggestion box on ruger’s website to voice my desire to see the American ranch line extended to lefties.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back