MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Randy Newberg Knives from Gerber

That DTS knife looks good. I wonder how well that serrated works on the neck hide. If you have to keep cutting small sections of it or if it will zip right down threw it in long cuts.

@Big Fin it is time for the video demo from yours or Matt’s elk.

it looks good,,i would however also add a "gut hook" blade attachment,and a 6" flexible fillet blade attatchment as posible add ons,,,bet ya they would go like hotcakes,,even more versatility,,

I like Gerber, my go to for years. Looks nice. I've personally never found use for a serrated edge. Could lean something.

I got my annual RMEF donation packet yesterday in the mail. It offered a free Browning Knife set for a 50 donation. I wish they would team up with Gerber again and offer these instead of the same old knife set I’ve already gotten twice.

Any user reviews on either the DTS or EBS knives? Thanks!
I received my DTS last week. I got it mostly for the tendon blade to save my nicer knives from getting banged up. Both blades on the DTS are beefy and should hold up long-term. A Vital or similar fine bladed knife would compliment it well. My only when concern I got it was the locking mechanism for the main blade which seemed like it could be difficult to operate with frozen hands or heavy gloves on. I tested it out wearing my thickest gloves and haven't had any issues.

I got the ebs version a few days ago,,will try out,,a little disa pointed that it doesnt have a gut hook on any of the 3 blades that it comes with and also thought it would be made here in oregon u s a ,,,no its china

Couldn't decide which knife better fit my situation so I ordered both of them - fully intending to gift one of them. They arrived today and are both high quality - yet extremely functional - knives. My sense is they'll both be in my pack this fall. If I give one away, I'll likely replace it :)

As noted above, a gut hook blade option would be a nice upgrade in the future. The only downside is that they're made in China :(

As a home town Gerber guy...I hope they have these at the yearly sale

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back