Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New, New York guns laws

would this have made a difference as a law to the nutcase that did the shooting?I dont think he would have cared if it was against the law or not,,,I assumed newyorkers politicians would be the first to pass laws that dont make any sence just to look good.what i feel we need is far more mental evaluations and help those that are needing mental help.guns are just steel wood and plastic,,,just a tool.

Also, does this mean the cops in New York have to comply?

That question was brought up during the press conference Cuomo held last night after signing the bill into law. They didn't have an answer. They pushed this through so fast I'm sure there are a lot of things they didn't consider.

This is a slap in the face to those veterans who served to get those involved in killing the New Yorkers in the trade towers. Thanks for putting your life on the line and killing the bad guys that killed us...now you are a criminal unless you get rid of some of the guns you enjoy.

Also, does this mean the cops in New York have to comply?

Amen. The cop thing was the first thing I thought of too. . .I'm sure they are not included. . .along with every convict, dirtbag, drug dealer. They just cant see the whole picture. So, in a year we are probably going to hear about a guy who had forty 7rd mags in a duffel bag and shot up a mall in New York somewhere? It doesn't matter about the how many shots the clips hold is my point. Disgusted!:mad:

Amen. The cop thing was the first thing I thought of too. . .I'm sure they are not included. . .along with every convict, dirtbag, drug dealer. They just cant see the whole picture. So, in a year we are probably going to hear about a guy who had forty 7rd mags in a duffel bag and shot up a mall in New York somewhere? It doesn't matter about the how many shots the clips hold is my point. Disgusted!:mad:
Lets hope and pray we dont hear about that anywhere...:cool:

Hello higher crime New York!
I grew up in the city at a time where there was a lot of crime no doubt. Then we elected a Mayor named Rudy. The man was a U S Attorney and did an incredable job of cleaning up the city to where it is one of the safest big cities in the country....not going to say that you can travel everywhere but it is one of the safest.....:cool:

From the reports I read about all of the innocent bystanders who were shot by two NYC cops who were attempting to shoot a murder suspect (who incidentally was committing suicide by cop); it would appear that it's the NY cops who SHOULD have limited capacity magazines!!!!!!!! Let's face it, to shoot 9 bystanders while attempting to shoot one individual with a gun at less than 10 feet is some pretty bad shooting by the only guys that Bloomberg wants armed in his city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the reports I read about all of the innocent bystanders who were shot by two NYC cops who were attempting to shoot a murder suspect (who incidentally was committing suicide by cop); it would appear that it's the NY cops who SHOULD have limited capacity magazines!!!!!!!! Let's face it, to shoot 9 bystanders while attempting to shoot one individual with a gun at less than 10 feet is some pretty bad shooting by the only guys that Bloomberg wants armed in his city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless you were there you or I do not really know what happened. Im sure if you were confronted by someone with a gun who was a murder suspect you would remain perfectly calm and your marksmanship would be spot on...... :cool:

Unless you were there you or I do not really know what happened. Im sure if you were confronted by someone with a gun who was a murder suspect you would remain perfectly calm and your marksmanship would be spot on...... :cool:

I don't know. . .he seemed to be shooting ok. . .he hit 9 people!!;)

I work with Law Enforcement every day. Shooting accurately under adversity is part of your training. And this training is continuous.

I don't have this level of training and to be honest, one of the reasons I don't carry. If/when I plan on carrying, I will participate in training and this type of scenario will be played out in my head many thousands of times before I strap on a pistol.

(I look a lot more like the bad guy than the pretty lady!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHWTfFV3Vc&feature=youtu.be

I work with Law Enforcement every day. Shooting accurately under adversity is part of your training. And this training is continuous.

I don't have this level of training and to be honest, one of the reasons I don't carry. If/when I plan on carrying, I will participate in training and this type of scenario will be played out in my head many thousands of times before I strap on a pistol.

(I look a lot more like the bad guy than the pretty lady!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHWTfFV3Vc&feature=youtu.be
The point I was trying to make was I wasnt there and neither was anyone here. Im not making excuses for them or their shooting ability, I was just saying until you have some murder pointing a gun at you and is not afraid to kill a law enforcement officer let alone the average citizen I dont care how much training you have that is an rush your not getting normally. Just for the record,patrol officers do not train constantly. They are required to qualify once a year with their service weapon. Energengy services train all the time not a patrol officer......:cool:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back