Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Mexico Results up

Unit 15 muzzie bull elk
Unit 33 rifle deer
Bighorn ewe in the Latir's
and Javie

Pretty freakin' stoked. Although when the e-mail came saying you were successful for hunt BHS-1-110 I was shaking so bad I couldn't look up the hunt code. Not the ram hunt I dreamed of, but should be a lot of fun.

Atta boy Dan! Is your boy in on the hunts too? Best of luck!

No. My boy is heading to the Marine Corp on June 3rd. Its bitter sweet drawing those tags but knowing my hunting buddy won't be with me.

3rd choice elk and 3rd choice deer for me. Missed on Oryx, Ibex, BHS and Antelope. Not the best tags in the state, but I'll be hunting New Mexico again this year after going 0 for 6 in the draw last year.

So far I'm batting 1.000 this year - well, if you count not drawing as a success. :mad:

Now I just need Colorado to laugh me down for my spring to be complete. Looks like a Plan (OT)C elk hunt in CO or maybe ID.

My Wyoming buddy drew his first choice 2b deer hunt (11/2-11/6) for the second time in the last three years! Seeing as how I'm probably going to draw an LE deer tag in Wyoming that goes from 11/1-11/15 and he probably will too, it looks like we will be doing some juggling this year. Not a bad predicament to be in though!

I drew 2nd choice archery elk in 16B. Looking forward to scouting that part of NM for the first time. Can anyone offer suggestions on where to find good drinking water in the unit? If so please PM me

Last edited:
Drew my second ever tag for New Mexico...looks like myself and a friend from AZ will be hunting oryx 1-112.

Makes up for being denied an AZ elk tag.
Jeepers! I should have stolen your lucky undies when we were in TX! Congrats!

I did not draw for deer or elk... :(

I had not applied in NM before last year, got a 2nd season rifle bull elk. This year I just knew that we had been lucky so not really very hopeful.....wrong, 3rd season rifle bull elk!! We were one for three last year and learned alot about the area. Going for an even higher percent success rate this year.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back