New Mexico on Wednesday

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you wondering what the "Pay up front" system did for the NM apps this year, here is the latest from the NMF&G. Whether it is the economy, or the requirement that full fees be paid in advance, who knows, but apps are down.

New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Media contact: Dan Williams, (505) 476-8004
Public contact: (505) 476-8000
[email protected]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, JUNE 7, 2010:

BIG-GAME LICENSE DRAWING RESULTS AVAILABLE ONLINE WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9

SANTA FE --
Hunters who applied for New Mexico 2010-2011 deer, elk, antelope, ibex, javelina, bighorn sheep and Barbary sheep licenses can see if they made the drawing "lucky list" Wednesday, June 9, on the Department of Game and Fish website, www.wildlife.state.nm.us.

Hunters who were successful in the drawings will be mailed licenses and carcass tags according to species. Unsuccessful applicants will receive refunds for prepaid license fees -- by check if the application was on paper, or by credits to credit cards if payment was online.

The Department received 132,761 applications for 62,471 licenses, a decline of almost 30,000 applications -- 18,766 residents and 9,130 nonresidents -- from the previous year. The declines included almost 15,000 applicants for deer licenses and just more than 10,000 for elk licenses.

This year, the Department began requiring all applicants to pay the full license fees at the time of application. Previously, only those who submitted paper applications were required to submit full upfront payments. Online applicants were only charged the application fee upfront, with their credit cards charged for the license fee only if they were successful in the drawing.

Almost 80 percent of this year's applicants took advantage of the Department's online application process, which was first offered in 2004.

Hunters wishing to check their drawing results can log in to their account on the Department website, www.wildlife.state.nm.us. Hunters also can check their results in person by visiting Department offices in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Raton, Roswell and Las Cruces. Results will be available June 23 by telephone at (505) 476-8000.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/NMGameandFish
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NMDGF

Getting my maps ordered for NM, as I write this. Pretty sure I will get deer, elk, and pronghorn, and thinking I am finally due for a sheep tag, too. Yup, this is the year. ;)

Hmmm... I wonder if they intended this or if they will lose any kind of money in the long run.
I hope an Elk tag is in my future!

Thats big thinking big fin. I probably actually have a chance at a tag these days since the applications dropped so much. And with my Utah elk tag, dont know how i could swing NM.
But who knows i might be able to try and swing down for the price of q/hd elk tag.
The apps are down but its cost 3 times as much to apply, so i am sure the G&F will be alright.
Good luck, Fish

I got a good vibe about 20 minutes ago. I am thinking it was NM Game and Fish pulling Upper Deck and I for rifle antelope tags. I am rarely wrong about these kinds of things!! ;)

I got a good vibe about 20 minutes ago. I am thinking it was NM Game and Fish pulling Upper Deck and I for rifle antelope tags. I am rarely wrong about these kinds of things!! ;)

Has anyone ever told you that you are the eternal optimist? I figured such. ;)

Good luck to you guys. I will be green with envy if you draw.

I'm sure hoping that we see some hunttalkers score some great tags this wednesday!!

I DO NOT WANT TO DRAW THIS YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!

(OK, I said it....... Bugler will be pissed :p)

I guess the "draw gods" owe me nothing after pulling a Wyoming elk tag this year. That being said, I am already in the dog house so sheep tag from New Mexico wouldn't get me in too much more hot water:)

I'm thinking I'll be chasing mule deer in NM this year. Good luck to everyone.

Well, after drawing CO elk, i'm pretty sure i will be divorced if i draw NM..........With our fourth baby coming end of August, I think mamma bear might be a little short tempered with a brand new one and 3 other hellions while i'm gone:):)

.......With our fourth baby coming end of August, I think mamma bear might be a little short tempered with a brand new one and 3 other hellions while i'm gone:):)

Eventually, they get over it. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just depends upon how long the "getting over it" takes. Sometimes hours, sometimes days, sometimes months, and sometimes.......after the husband finally dies.

Good luck Matt. I hope you draw, go hunt, and stay happily married forever after.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back