New Mexico credit card hit

A-con

Just got done doing some on-line banking.
I about fell out of my chair when I saw my credit card balance.
I clicked on the detail report, and gess what ?
The New Mexico DGF charged me for $760. :D Looks like I'm going back to S.W. New Mexico for round II, early archery elk in the Gila, eather 16A or 16D.
Offical results should be up in a few days.
Anybody else holding their breath on New Mexico results ?
hump

Not this year, Dan. I'm headed to Colorado to try for a big muley. I wish I could get to the area in New Mexico where I saw some big bucks last year, but the Double H/RMEF has landlocked us out of that part of the National Forest with a land swap last year.

Next year, I may apply again for Unit 13 - I know where at least one big 340-class bull hangs out on open private land.....

Dan, word is that NMFGD will be posting the draw results on the 22nd and no earlier. Both of those are good hunts, get your hiking shoes ready,congrats..........

Thanks Stan, my third choice was 15, but the odds were longer than 2nd choice 16 A,
so I'm sure it's eather A or D.
Rick, I'm building points for a Co. muley myself. For what I'm hearing, this will be a great year for big deer in Colorado.

Congrats on your drawing... Will wait with baited breath to see the results of your hunt... :)

Yes Cali , thats the plan barring another hurricane down here.

Bummer, no elk tag but I did draw an archery deer tag.
I may have a backup plan though.
Or I may just call for a friend after I catch a deer (or before)

elk draws?

How do you guys put in for these draws? I know you probably get asked this alot, but I am finally getting to where I want to go hunt some different animals in some different states. I know its to late for this year, but would like to be ready for next year. What all is involved and where do I find the information? thanks coondog

The other guys can point you right to the sites, but if you do searches of the game departments in the states you want to hunt, you should be able to get most of your info there...

If you go to 16D, be sure to check out the area east of Tom Moore Canyon. There are some monster bulls back up in that scrub..

:cool:

Unit 13

I sure could use that advice about a big Bull, Cali.

I drew the 1st muzzle tag in 13 this year and was completely shocked. It was my second choice.

Want to help a guy out????? I'm willing to bribe, buy excessive amounts of alchohol and anything else that is required. LOL ;)

Cheers
Roadtrip

Wapiti Bob you have a pm.

Tough luck on the elk JBflorida, but at least you drew a deer tag. We didn't draw squat. At least I can get a cow tag.

Back