BR-549

Greetings!
Just wanted to say hi from Ohio.
Been reading a lot of posts on the forum and I have to say I have enjoyed them. Hope to meet some new friends and share experiences.

My friends (3) and I drew a 1st rifle antlerless elk tag in Colorado for this coming season. It is not our first DIY trip but one we are anxiously awaiting. Last elk hunt was in 2011 which we went 3/5 same tag same unit. We normally try to go every other year as it now takes at least one pp, but life happened in the meantime so we have been limited to Midwest whitetail hunting the past four years. Cant wait to get to the mountains. Of course it seems like eternity waiting on season to get here and then blows by in a blink.

Anyway, good luck to all that drew their tags this year.....:)

BR549, welcome to the forum, by the way that's mt call sign when I'm hunting! Lol

Welcome. Best site on the web. Lotsa old guys here that know what BR549 means. (Me included.) mtmuley

It is from the show Hee Haw if I remember right. It was someones phone number or something. It kinda predates me but I remember watching some old reruns with dad and hearing it. Welcome to the site by the way, from a fellow Ohioian.

I can see already I am going to enjoy the site. What a warm welcome!
Not sure why I come up with Jr. Samples it just kind of came to me. I am glad you all like it.
Btw, I was reading an old post yesterday about "worst camp meals" and I haven't laughed so hard in years.
Good story tellers on here.
Thank You!

Welcome!
My mom was from Piqua area farm.
My neighbor played in the house band for HeeHaw and Grand Ole Oprey....

Welcome!
My mom was from Piqua area farm.
My neighbor played in the house band for HeeHaw and Grand Ole Oprey....

That's cool! Btw, I live about 15 mins from Piqua.... a little town outside of Troy called Pleasant Hill. Wasn't raised there though that happened in another small town in Central Indiana called Pickard (It is on the map but that's about it).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back