Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New light weight sleeping bag??

This is a return email that I got from GoHunt, when I asked about the chilkoot vs the WM. It swayed my purchase to the WM quickly.

"Thanks for being an INSIDER! You are correct in that the main difference between those is that the SG is roomier throughout and is the only real reason I would recommend it over the the WM. If you are looking for more room for broader shoulders and/or you are an active sleeper than it's a good choice. In terms of quality, the SG is a quality bag but in my opinion it is not on par in materials or craftsmanship with the WM.

The WM is hand sewn in San Jose, two people see the production of their bags from start to finish and you'll see their signatures on the inside of the bags. Their down is direct sourced from a eastern European mother goose farm, it's not plucked. The geese they get it from are used for breeding and thus are longer lived and the clusters that are collected from the nests are larger and loftier. In my opinion, WM is really on a level of it's own for the loftiness and warmth of their bags. "

I'd throw in the Sierra Designs Cloud 20. It's super light, and packs very small though it does run a little colder with the footbox and no zipper. As other people have mentioned, I'll wear my puffy pants/jacket to sleep in it and have used it through the end of October under a tarp in Idaho. A little cold but not uncomfortable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back