New Hunting Rig ?

New Hunting Rig ?

• Chevy Trail Boss Z71

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Toyota 4Runnner TRD Pro

Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the same number of GAF about what vehicle someone chooses as info what rifle they shoot. People should spend their money how they want to.

My hecho en Mexico Chevy work pickup has 72k miles on it, and has had well over $10k in repairs since the warranty expired. The new Chevy trucks have a great motor, but our fleet manager made the decision to go back to Fords because of our current repair costs. Steering racks, fuel pumps, ball joints, transmissions have all been regular and common culprits.

My made in San Antonio import has 103k miles on it. I did have to replace brake pads last fall. And change the oil.

I have the same number of GAF about what vehicle someone chooses as info what rifle they shoot. People should spend their money how they want to.

My hecho en Mexico Chevy work pickup has 72k miles on it, and has had well over $10k in repairs since the warranty expired. The new Chevy trucks have a great motor, but our fleet manager made the decision to go back to Fords because of our current repair costs. Steering racks, fuel pumps, ball joints, transmissions have all been regular and common culprits.

My made in San Antonio import has 103k miles on it. I did have to replace brake pads last fall. And change the oil.
And you didn't disappoint. mtmuley

And you didn't disappoint. mtmuley
Neither did you.

I drove one of the new Z71 models for several weeks while mine was in the shop after it got towed last breakdown. Great motor. Fun to drive. Overrated Rancho shocks. No way would I personally risk my own money on one. I’ve seen what I need to.

worried about how wide a half ton is ..... There I go in my F250 crew cab long bed down a mountain trail wide enough for a ranger..... F it, its a truck. With that said, I love those 4 runners, do not love how much they cost. Get the truck.

Plumbing contractor , have run Ford and GM's for work, gm's have out performed the ford's for us...this gmc is by far best pu ive owned

I have evolved my approach....last year i traded the best truck ever made a 2009 tundra with almost 200k on it in for a ram cummins 3/4 ton (got $2k more than tradein valve for it, dented!) That tundra with small lift and bigger tires went everywhere! I had a guy tell me once "i aint never seen a full sized truck way up here" and then he asked how you going to get down? I smiled and answered gravity! And did without incident and always reliable. My life revolves around hunting and usually envolves me pulling a cargo trailer and the tundra just lacked on mountain roads with a trailer. I no longer take my long bed 80k truck into the crap, i park and unload either a atv out of the back or sxs out of my trailer and let them take the punishment. I own a 4runner also but its a fishing and around town rig, i just have to much crap when i go on trips more than a few days. I will never sell this 4runner and will hand it down as my kids first car but for other than day trips i need a fullsized (prefer8') bed to load up.

Plumbing contractor , have run Ford and GM's for work, gm's have out performed the ford's for us...this gmc is by far best pu ive owned
Glad it’s working for you. We have a fleet of 160 vehicles, and have had Chevys for almost 7 years, so it’s a decent sample size.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing my dad said was
“That’s not the hunting model”

Turbo power in a small 4x4 package
Can Ham X3
It’s kinda loud, too fast, but it’s a lot of fun

Attachments

• 1241419E-1002-4D99-BD7E-927D9573CFEC.jpeg
    1241419E-1002-4D99-BD7E-927D9573CFEC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • B733577C-FE91-4AED-9F64-444BEE779A6B.jpeg
    B733577C-FE91-4AED-9F64-444BEE779A6B.jpeg