PEAX Equipment

New hunter in Colorado

Danger_Denver

Hey everyone,
A little about myself. I grew up in California, enlisted in the Coast Guard for 7 years and was station in the Bay Area, Memphis, and then spent most of my time in Honolulu. I’m now a K9 handler and moved to Denver CO about two years ago. My wife and I are expecting our first child in May which is awesome too!

I knew I wanted to get into hunting as soon as I moved here. Didn’t grow up in an outdoors family, so I am an adult onset hunter learning on YouTube and whatever I can gather online.

I went second season Elk Rifle hunting in 2019. Then bought a bow in the off-season and went OTC elk hunting 2020. Both unsuccessful (not really any encounters even).

I bought a shotgun to hopefully do some small game hunting to cap off the rest of this season.

Excited to learn and be a part of this community. I really value the ethics and discipline of hunting. The long days trekking looking for fresh sign, being a steward of land, and participation in the conservation hunting provides.

I don’t want to be the the guy the comes here to say “where’s a hunting spot?”, but any input or advice on what has been helpful to learn what to look for, Escout, and increasing success as a new hunter would be great! I’m learning this stuff solo and spending long hours on OnX trying to get a foothold on this state.
Thanks, and looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Welcome to hunt talk. There is a lot of good info here. I would search the CO wildlife and parks site to determine animal populations then pick an area and spend as much time there as you can learning it. Good luck.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back