MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New hunter in Colorado

Danger_Denver

Hey everyone,
A little about myself. I grew up in California, enlisted in the Coast Guard for 7 years and was station in the Bay Area, Memphis, and then spent most of my time in Honolulu. I’m now a K9 handler and moved to Denver CO about two years ago. My wife and I are expecting our first child in May which is awesome too!

I knew I wanted to get into hunting as soon as I moved here. Didn’t grow up in an outdoors family, so I am an adult onset hunter learning on YouTube and whatever I can gather online.

I went second season Elk Rifle hunting in 2019. Then bought a bow in the off-season and went OTC elk hunting 2020. Both unsuccessful (not really any encounters even).

I bought a shotgun to hopefully do some small game hunting to cap off the rest of this season.

Excited to learn and be a part of this community. I really value the ethics and discipline of hunting. The long days trekking looking for fresh sign, being a steward of land, and participation in the conservation hunting provides.

I don’t want to be the the guy the comes here to say “where’s a hunting spot?”, but any input or advice on what has been helpful to learn what to look for, Escout, and increasing success as a new hunter would be great! I’m learning this stuff solo and spending long hours on OnX trying to get a foothold on this state.
Thanks, and looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Welcome to hunt talk. There is a lot of good info here. I would search the CO wildlife and parks site to determine animal populations then pick an area and spend as much time there as you can learning it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back