Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New gun on the horizon

Lining up a new rifle for next season..I think I’ve got it narrowed down to a 28 Nosler or 300 RUM.

Looking for opinions here good bad or
anywhere in between as I’m not too much of a gun geek myself. What I want out of this next gun is something I can confidently shoot in cross-canyon situations say 600 yards for
Both mule deer and elk. Also of note, I don’t reload.
Just get both and make one your “deer” rifle and the other your “elk” rifle! 😁😁

I have a Custom 28Nos and while I like it a lot I doubt I’d be shooting it as much if I didn’t reload. Factory ammo prices are ridiculous.

Just get both and make one your “deer” rifle and the other your “elk” rifle! 😁😁

I have a Custom 28Nos and while I like it a lot I doubt I’d be shooting it as much if I didn’t reload. Factory ammo prices are ridiculous.
Last deer I killed I used a .243. Last antelope I killed I used a .30-06. Killed every elk since 1999 with a .300 RUM. mtmuley

My 600 YDS and closer is a 7MM and beyond that I prefer a .30 but I could really stretch the .284 out there farther if need be. Not much help to you I guess. Never shot a 28 Nosler but now that there’s a 7PRC coming down the pipe I’d be holding out for that instead for only 1 single reason- ammo availability from Hornady.

Most guys I know, even if they could hit something across a canyon 600 yards away and somehow drop it dead, aren't in sufficient physical shape to get there till day after tomorrow.

Always enjoy reading you boys out west stories -- in South Carolina,all we have to worry about is will there be enough room at the range,to squeeze in and tune up our 30-06 or .270's for the up-coming whitetail season ( gets crowded with all the AR guys,elbow to elbow and shooting 1000's of rounds** ) -- ammo shortage thinned em' out a little this year. Hope the OP gets him a new rifle he will enjoy and get that shot across the canyon at a big ol goodun' soon. ____________Monk**

Must be nice to have a range near you instead of an empty field and a cardboard box

Back