New Garmin Oregon GPS to come out on market

300 short mag

Garmin has announced new model Oregon series to come out in 1st quarter. It has numerous new features including a 8 mega pixil camera with flash. look on the garmin blog website for more info. John

I really wish they would lose the camera feature and make the GPS more useful. Garmin continues to go backwards on their GPS units.

I really wish they would lose the camera feature and make the GPS more useful. Garmin continues to go backwards on their GPS units.

I agree. I hate paying for a feature that has no value. 8mp or 12mp, still crap. Stick with mapping.

I agree with both Miller and Oak! So much so that I went with DeLorme on my GPS request with Santa after using an Oregon at work. Now to buy the software to be able to do GIS type stuff at home! :D

No kidding. I use my phone for mapping purposes more than my GPS. The user interface of these GPS units are way behind the times. Especially for the price of them.

You can get the Oregon 600 without the camera or the Oregon 650 with the camera. So the option is their to not pay for it if you want. The main new feature is the new screen technology that allows the screen to be easily viewed in sunlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back