Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Never-ending season

Great, per Mapquest I can get to Hamilton in less than 7 hours, see ya at noon tomorrow. Seriously, it looks like you and your wife have had a tremendously successful year, just please don't tell me it was just a ho-hum year, I'm already jealous.

Tomorrow I get to start bowhunitng for whitetail. I put a stand in a couple days ago and it looks like some cold sitting right now!

I wussed out this morning :eek:
Looked at the temperature at five and decided the couch and a pot of coffee sounded a whole lot better than a ground blind.

Congrats to the Mrs on the turkey. I don't know a thing about them, but it looks like a good time.

I wussed out this morning :eek:
Looked at the temperature at five and decided the couch and a pot of coffee sounded a whole lot better than a ground blind..

Ya it's going to be brisk to say the least tomorrow. I'm gonna try to sit for the afternoon. When I went to hang my stand I had deer in the field at 1:30, a real nice buck and had another smaller one (still a shooter) skirt me at 100 yards as I was hanging off the side of the tree! Supposed to warm up a little later in the week. Hope I'm lucky!

I like it...i should have put season to date also...doe tags, wolf tag, and Mt lion tags all still in pocket!

Good luck on the remaining tags! After seeing your other posts I'm sure there are a couple dead critters walking! :D

I've sat for two freezing days on my either sex wt tag. No shots the first day but saw 5 different bucks enter the field. Last night was much slower, no bucks but I passed a fatty doe at 8 yards. Might have to buy a doe tag....

Update on the whitetail hunt: Passed shots on a total of 9 deer the last 2 nights. 7 does and 2 bucks (forkies). The best buck I have seen the last 2 nights was a 2 year old basket rack at about 200yards...I have 2 more weeks of hunting time but as time goes on I'm sure I will become less selective ;) Could have killed a turkey out of my stand at point blank range the last 2 nights also...but my tag is already filled. I'm meeting with a landowner this morning to arrange for some access but I'll be back in the stand by early afternoon.

No shots last night but had a slammer 140-150 buck feeding for 5 hours 200 yards from my stand. He wouldn't respond to doe calls, grunts, or rattling. Wouldn't even lift his head just chowing down non-stop. By far the best buck I have seen yet. I only get 2 more days on this property but have a really promising spot lined up for a couple weeks.

Some were wondering if and how I am still buck hunting, and the answer is I drew a B tag good for either sex wt archery only. So yes, still buck hunting, if a good one doesn't offer a shot in the next couple weeks I'll lower my standards and try to take a big doe or one of the smaller bucks running around although I'd rather not shoot a 1-2 year old buck.

Get any pictures of that big one? That's awesome that there's still one like that out there.

Get any pictures of that big one? That's awesome that there's still one like that out there.

No pics unfortunately my stand is on the edge of the field and I can't risk uneccessary movement. Between that and keeping all flesh covered and my body in as tight of a ball as I can manage to conserve heat I haven't taken any pics. Honestly I was hoping to get a real nice close up shot after I arrowed him :D

Only other notewrthy buck I have seen was a 120 class 4 point. There have been a few smaller bucks around I would be happy with though. Today I am pulling one stand and then sitting in my other one for the rest of the day. Be putting one up on the new property tomorrow morning.

Have you got out on your tag Randy?

Last edited:
Naw I've got this job thingy that gets in the way ;)

I've got permission on a ranch the next couple Saturdays, but honestly I think I'd rather go out and look for wolves than sit in the river bottom. We'll see.

Speaking of jobs, I found one for you. Go to jobs.mt.gov and search for listing 1369836.

Congrats Huntman, care to share a pic?

Randy, I'll check out the jjob but I'm really in no hurry. If I can't make rent I'll live in my wall tent :)

So most nights I have had chip shots on does but haven't bought a tag because I didn't want to screw up my set. Tomorrow is my last night to hunt that property. I'm thinking about getting a doe tag and pasting the first one that comes by tomorrow and then pulling the stand.

What would you guys do?

Nope, you'd better check out that job ASAP, not gonna last long.

Nope you wouldn't shoot a doe?

As far as the job goes I am known in certain circles as the Missouri River Manatee :)

Goof ball.

Not with a buck like that in there, but that's just me.

I know but these does come in right before dark and I'm forced to pull the stand anyway...still thinking about it.

BTW I was blessed with the genetic superiority to have webbed toes. No kidding for real. Think that would give me a leg up in the applicant pool?

Seems like there should be a few more dead critter pics in here...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back