Nevada draws

Good luck! I got started in NV last year, but am gonna sit out this year. Dr. Bills and Mr. Revenue Service have seen to that.

I really shouldn't, but I think I'm going to start applying to Nevada this year. Looks like I have to apply through the mail as a first year applicant so they can get a copy of my hunter's safety card. boo.

Antlered Mule Deer 2
NR Antelope Horns Longer 1
NR Nelson Bighorn 6
NR California Bighorn 4
NR Antlered Elk 6
NR Mountain Goat 5
NR Rocky Mountain Bighorn 2

T-bone
I didnl't think you could have that many points for bighorn(rocky) sheep?

Nevada......................you just have to put in for everything once you buy the hunting license. And although still astronomical.......................one of my only real shots at a desert sheep tag.

Hope to go back again soon for another deer hunt.

T-bone was a resident of Nevada and gained those points as a resident.

Those points transer even though he is now a NR.

In other words Dinkshooter...he'll get your tag.

Spitz, just mail a copy of your hunter ed card in early, then you can apply on line. The website says to plan one week for them to update your record before trying to apply on line.

8 points for mule deer (buddy and I). We would like to draw together but I think that we will flip a coin with one of us putting in to draw and the other just getting a point.

Think I've reconsidered and will do points for everthing except RM bighorn. If I pull that lucky tag, I'll take time off with out pay if needed.

if you guys are hunting for meat..aplly wherever..if you want major bone..try the late hunt for ely(111) or mt rose(194) ..umm trust me

You mean to say there are big deer right above Galena High?

I'd have to say that the 3 short years I lived in NV, I saw higher quality antler than I've seen anywhere else. Just couldn't get a tag, even an easy archery tag.

Well, there is one less desert sheep tag for Unit 161 than is shown in the regulations. I am gonna burn my 12 NR points on that one this year. Sending my app to ID Bugler to and have him forward them on behalf, after putting some of his "good luck potion" on them. That OK with you Bryce?

Just thought I would give you guys a headsup, so none of you wasted an application choice on that hunt. :D

Same thing applies to the 033 Cali Big Horn tag. If you guys apply for either of those sheep hunts and don't draw, 'cause I took your tag, don't get pissed. I told you so beforehand.

Who's idea is it with that 5 year antelope waiting period and the 7 year wait on elk?

Back up to one point for deer. Should draw for sure this year, with that many deer points. :rolleyes:

Thinking about making my son party app with me on deer, so I can piggyback on his 6 points. Then for sure I would draw. Hell, I paid for those points, I may as well get some use out of 'em.

If I was from UT, I would have the wife start applying so I could piggyback on her points. Not happenin'. If I piggyback on the wife, it ain't gonna have nothin' to do with tag apps.

Good luck in the draws. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back