Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How to purchase MT preference point??

TN VOL

Hello guys..I need some help with trying to figure out how to buy pref points for MT. I’ve hunted MT twice and have bought bonus and pref points. This year I can only figure out how to buy bonus points on their website and can’t find the pref point option…so strange. I applied this year without any pref points and did not draw and have zero pref points currently. Can someone speak to this or tell me where on their site I can find the pref points to purchase? I buy points in like 6 states and MT is the hardest and most confusing site. Thanks!

If you applied for the general tag this year and chose the point option you should have one, they wont let you get two in a year.

If you applied for the general tag this year and chose the point option you should have one, they wont let you get two in a year.
I didn’t chose the point option..I chose to apply with zero.

I went online and purchased a pref point a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when it closes. I think WY and MT let you purchase them over the summer from approx July through Sept, but not sure on exact dates. The websites will have the info.

I went online and purchased a pref point a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when it closes. I think WY and MT let you purchase them over the summer from approx July through Sept, but not sure on exact dates. The websites will have the info.
That’s correct.. I can buy a bonus point but the system won’t bring up an option for pref point. So strange..in the past I was able to. We’re supposed to be able to purchase a bonus and pref point until Sept 30th. I might just have to call them

That’s correct.. I can buy a bonus point but the system won’t bring up an option for pref point. So strange..in the past I was able to. We’re supposed to be able to purchase a bonus and pref point until Sept 30th. I might just have to call them
You applied for a license this year with 0 points and didn't buy one when you applied. therefore you can't buy a pref point this year.

You can apply for 1 next year when you apply for your license. Thus going into 2024 draw with 1 pref point. Screenshot_20230725_081450_Chrome.jpg

No need to call pretty clear in the regulations page 17Screenshot_20230725_081816_Drive.jpg

Hello guys..I need some help with trying to figure out how to buy pref points for MT. I’ve hunted MT twice and have bought bonus and pref points. This year I can only figure out how to buy bonus points on their website and can’t find the pref point option…so strange. I applied this year without any pref points and did not draw and have zero pref points currently. Can someone speak to this or tell me where on their site I can find the pref points to purchase? I buy points in like 6 states and MT is the hardest and most confusing site. Thanks!
I did the same thing this year. Didn't realize you have to buy the preference point when applying. Did you sign up for the surplus list for the combo tag?

Still confused. Not looking to apply to hunt Montana for a few years. What should i apply for until then. Bonus or Pref Pts.? ty
Don't do either. You'll likely mess up, end up having your points purged, and you'll be out of the money and be no closer to drawing.
You're welcome.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back