Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nevada Chukars

Gr8bawana

Finally had a chance to go chase those devil birds with my son last weekend. I'm still a little sore from chasing them up to the top and then hearing them down where I just came from!
We did a lot of shooting and manged to knock some down.
I was really surprised at how many birds we saw since it has been so dry this summer and fall.
Hopefully we'll have a chance to get out there again soon.

DSCN1306.JPGDSCN1307.JPGDSCN1311.JPGDSCN1309.JPG

Looks like some great country. It is amazing how parched a land can be and still hold a good population of those grey ghosts. Did you have a dog with you or were you going it alone?

Looks like some great country. It is amazing how parched a land can be and still hold a good population of those grey ghosts. Did you have a dog with you or were you going it alone?
No dogs, we usually just hike around where we've seen birds before and then listen for them. Sometimes finding a downed bird is very tough because they seem to bury themselves in the brush or rocks before they expire.

Finally had a chance to go chase those devil birds with my son last weekend. I'm still a little sore from chasing them up to the top and then hearing them down where I just came from!
We did a lot of shooting and manged to knock some down.
I was really surprised at how many birds we saw since it has been so dry this summer and fall.
Hopefully we'll have a chance to get out there again soon.

View attachment 120444View attachment 120445View attachment 120446View attachment 120447
Awesome hunt! Thanks for sharing. I love hunting those grey ghosts. Gotta hit them hard or you’ll need dogs to sniff them out of the holes they crawl into when expiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back