Nevada Chukars

Gr8bawana

Finally had a chance to go chase those devil birds with my son last weekend. I'm still a little sore from chasing them up to the top and then hearing them down where I just came from!
We did a lot of shooting and manged to knock some down.
I was really surprised at how many birds we saw since it has been so dry this summer and fall.
Hopefully we'll have a chance to get out there again soon.

DSCN1306.JPGDSCN1307.JPGDSCN1311.JPGDSCN1309.JPG

Looks like some great country. It is amazing how parched a land can be and still hold a good population of those grey ghosts. Did you have a dog with you or were you going it alone?

Looks like some great country. It is amazing how parched a land can be and still hold a good population of those grey ghosts. Did you have a dog with you or were you going it alone?
No dogs, we usually just hike around where we've seen birds before and then listen for them. Sometimes finding a downed bird is very tough because they seem to bury themselves in the brush or rocks before they expire.

Finally had a chance to go chase those devil birds with my son last weekend. I'm still a little sore from chasing them up to the top and then hearing them down where I just came from!
We did a lot of shooting and manged to knock some down.
I was really surprised at how many birds we saw since it has been so dry this summer and fall.
Hopefully we'll have a chance to get out there again soon.

View attachment 120444View attachment 120445View attachment 120446View attachment 120447
Awesome hunt! Thanks for sharing. I love hunting those grey ghosts. Gotta hit them hard or you’ll need dogs to sniff them out of the holes they crawl into when expiring.

Back