Nevada Archery Mule Deer

At the Elko aiport picking up Troy for his video engagement. This morning we bedded two shooter bucks in different basins. Hoping they stay put until Troy and I get there later this afternoon. Both are very "stalkable" with cameras, assuming the hunter can keep his wits about him.

Will provide an update tonight.

Damn wind. I had a chance at a nice buck. Troy and I got to 100 yards this evening and the wind messed us up. Sorry for the late post, but I just got off the mountain. Left two other shooter bucks feeding as the sun set, so I hope to be on them in the morn.

Very hot and tired. Will try to have a better and longer post tomorrow.

Dang wind... You've been out in the bush a long time and I know how bad you smelled when I left so I'm not terrible surprised he smelt you. ;) Good luck Randy and keep your tube socks locked up now that Troy's in camp.

Had a great buck this morning. Had the set up I wanted. When he left his bed, they went just above us about 100 yards. I thought this was going to be the time. Spotted some smaller bucks, but would really like to shoot this good one.

Sitting out a 60 mph wind and rain for the last hour. This has been the time the bucks have been coming out, but I doubt much will be moving in this weather. I am at the highest point I can drive to and getting a faint signal, so thought I would post an update.

Need to at least get some good video of this huge buck. Hopefully video of my arrow going through him.

More later.

This evening was a complete bust. Started raining about 4:30 and kept raining all evening. No visibility. Wind like Kansas. And no deer.

Came back to a soaked camp. We had things not put away as well as we should have, becoming accustomed to the hot bluebird weather. Should have paid better attention. Oh well, it wouldn't be an adventure without some sort of complications.

Going to try get a good nights sleep and hit it hard tomorrow. I have three days left. If they all go like today, this will be a fun episode, but one where I frame my tag and hang it on the wall, rather than hang it on a big buck.

I really love hunting Nevada. So much big country, so desolate, and great critters when you can find them.

Elk Hunter from here on Hunt Talk arrived just before dark. He brought a few million skeeters with him. I had prepared for a lot of possibilities on this hunt, from rattlesnakes to sunburns, but vampire-like bugs were not on my list of possibilities.

The forecast looks pretty rough for the next few days, so this hunt could be more than I expected. I did not anticipate wind and ran for the last three days, as may be the case.

Good luck Randy and crew. You might need to venture into the bedroom if push comes to shove. You'll get your chance.

Sounds like you are getting it dialed in. Keep it up Randy and team. Good things are about to happen. Whack the biggun

Lookin for an update Randy. Maybe even a bloody arrow pic! Good luck tonight.

Hope pics will suffice for now. Just got off the mountain. Story to follow late tomorrow. Got lots more work to do in the morning.

God, I love Nevada.
IMG_5529.JPG

I have some of the best hunting buddies in the world.
IMG_5534.JPG

Gonna be a great episode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back