ND ducks

Anyone have any experience for DIY ND ducks? Looking at eastern half of state. Would like to do pheasant also. No Preference of area yet but thinking closer to the boarder of SD to hop over there also. Thanks for any info.

If you're going to jump shoot them, it's really nothing to it. Drive, find water , if lands not posted go hunt.
Plenty of ducks and water

Be careful with this. There is a bill making it's way through the legislature to change this to permission required. Might be different rules this fall.
Ouch! That'd make pheasant hunting where I was in NoDak this fall a much different affair. That said, we asked for permission at 7 places and was only turned down once. The one No said it was because he was under a pheasant lease agreement with an outfitter.

If I were you, I'd draw at LEAST a 50 mile radius around Devils Lake and hunt outside that circle. 75 would be better. Whenever you say something to anyone about ND duck hunting, everybody and their brother, sister, mom, dad, in-laws and dog assume you're going to devils lake. Yea it's good hunting on private if you have access but it is posted really hard and attracts a stupid amount of hunters.

Also I don't think I'd try and do SD at the same time. If you've never hunted in ND, you'll spend (should) tons of time scouting and learning the land. There are plenty of places where you can shoot pheasants and ducks.

Gackle ND they call it the duck capital of the world on some sites. Tons of water down there and being south of I94 about a half hour it gets you a lot closer to SD. I hunt around the spiritwood lake, Courtney area. Shoot me a PM when the time gets closer I can maybe help out with finding some places to hunt. Do you dry land hunt them or on water, and are you a jump shooter or use decoys?

Jamen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back