National Petroleum Reserve

I hunt and fish here in the West. I have solar panels on my house an drive and electric car for commuting. I hardly ever by fuel for my truck as I only drive it to hunt and fish. Hunters can change our habits to help land that harbors wildlife. We don't need to be so dependent on oil and gas. You can feel pricked by this or actually look into it. My costs for energy and very low, save money and help wildlife.
What state? How big is your solar set up? How much did it cost? Heat your home with what source of energy? Hot water? Not pricked, interested in how you are doing it.

I hunt and fish here in the West. I have solar panels on my house an drive and electric car for commuting. I hardly ever by fuel for my truck as I only drive it to hunt and fish. Hunters can change our habits to help land that harbors wildlife. We don't need to be so dependent on oil and gas. You can feel pricked by this or actually look into it. My costs for energy and very low, save money and help wildlife.
Do you have a battery back up that stores your solar and then charges your vehicle or are you on the grid?

If your on the grid and you live in the west then you have a coal fired car 🤷‍♂️

If you have the former (y) no argument from me.

damn.

i thought we were mostly a natty gas state at this point. just found the exact same graph.

i'm at least correct from a production standpoint, which was likely where my confusion came from 😁

1644527407842.png

but yes, one thing is clear until nuclear takes over or the pure stupidity of windmills actually turn into something viable, O&G, coal, and outsourced third world child labor mining companies are laughing their way to the bank during this whole electric green revolution.

damn.

i thought we were mostly a natty gas state at this point. just found the exact same graph.

i'm at least correct from a production standpoint, which was likely where my confusion came from 😁

View attachment 211907

but yes, one thing is clear until nuclear takes over or the pure stupidity of windmills actually turn into something viable, O&G companies are laughing their way to the bank during this whole electric green revolution.
Yeah I get the arguments about stranded infrastructure, but I wonder how much CO2 reduction there could have been if 10 years ago we had gone full gas and replaced all the coal.

Like why are we training coal to Scherer when it's right next to the Haynesville, why are there still trucks of oil, yeah literally trucks of fuel oil, driving around beacon hill in Boston (street view that neighborhood) instead of converting it to gas given the proximity to the Marcellus.

I totally agree it's a new advancement or nuclear, but the dithering for decades while using the worst fuel possible seems ridiculous.

Yeah I get the arguments about stranded infrastructure, but I wonder how much CO2 reduction there could have been if 10 years ago we had gone full gas and replaced all the coal.

Like why are we training coal to Scherer when it's right next to the Haynesville, why are there still trucks of oil, yeah literally trucks of fuel oil, driving around beacon hill in Boston (street view that neighborhood) instead of converting it to gas given the proximity to the Marcellus.

I totally agree it's a new advancement or nuclear, but the dithering for decades while using the worst fuel possible seems ridiculous.

if only the anti fracking movement had put like 10% of their energy into being anti coal like 15-20 years ago.

I think you could easily argue that Aubrey Mcclendon with responsible for a greater CO2 reduction than the entire anti-fracking movement.

the anti frackers were too worried about groundwater that wasn't being contaminated and one sink that lit on fire because of a poorly drilled water well.

it was never about co2 :rolleyes:

the anti frackers were too worried about groundwater that wasn't being contaminated and one sink that lit on fire because of a poorly drilled water well.

it was never about co2 :rolleyes:
I know the one in Rifle was caused because a frack actually hit tiny fissure and gas actually travelled all the way to the surface. Kinda of 1 in a million thing, it took a long time to figure out and deal with because it took ~six months for gas to travel from the well at depth to the surface through the crack... and once they fixed it... six months for gas to stop coming out of the ground.

I'm also sure that there have been surface casing leaks so it's a thing... but there is no free lunch in energy.

Last edited:
Post up the highlights. I'm not scribing to Doombergs news letter.
Sorry. The paywall is very annoying. The summary- they just can't stop themselves. If you want hard evidence, from news feed, -"Oil rigs in the U.S. rose by 19 to 516 this week, the biggest gain since February 2018,...".
Energy stocks seems like something you should rent more than own these days. Awesome when Russia is saber-rattling, but when it calms down might be hard to sustain these price levels.

"Oil executives tempted by the prospect of the highest crude prices in seven years are showing all the signs of abandoning pledges to hold the line on drilling budgets, Citigroup Inc. said.

U.S. shale explorers are poised to boost spending by almost 40% this year, based on comments and plans revealed during recent earnings presentations, Citi analyst Scott Gruber wrote in a note to investors on Monday. That’s up from the bank’s previous call for a 30% rise. Overseas budgets are seen jumping by 32% from the old forecast of 17%.

“E&P managements will be hard pressed to abandon their commitments,” Gruber wrote. “But we foresee an increasing number beginning to lean into the market as the challenge of managing supply in a market as disaggregated as the global oil market becomes increasingly clear.”

U.S. companies probably will lift domestic daily crude production by as much as 1 million barrels this year, according to various analysts. American oil prices have climbed 21% this year to more than $90 a barrel, extending last year’s 55% advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back