Caribou Gear

N.A.P. quick spin vanes

Kelly,

The test vanes they sent were two different styles. The short "broadhead" vanes were indeed just the Blazers. I saw them at Vegas and really thought it was just another advertising gimmick.
The other vanes they sent were proto-type vanes for 3D's. They were similar to the Blazers, only ribbed (vented) on one side. Here's what I think of each design:

Blazers:

When I first loooked at them, I thought, "No way these will stabilize a broadhead." Well, I was wrong. They were able to handle ALL different types of heads from traditional fixed bladed Zwickey & Magnus to numerous replaceable blade heads like Muzzy, Wasp, NAP, and Innerlock. The arrow flight was VERY good, especially with a 3" vanes.

When you feel them, they feel different and are slightly thicker. I shot them in 20 mph cross winds with substantially less arrow drift compared to conventional vanes. They were also A LOT faster than normal vanes too, hitting about 4" higher on the bull at all distances. What sets them apart from others though is how quiet they were. It was noticeably better in flight over standard vanes.

3D Vanes:

They are not on the market yet, and probably won't sell great. I saw no noticeable difference from these vanes to other short 3D vanes. Furthermore, I think if someone shot the Blazers for both 3D & hunting they couldn't go wrong.

If you are looking into the Blazers, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They do NOT require cleaning before gluing and have held up great. With less wind drift, faster (lighter), and quieter they should sell great. Hope it helps.

BOHNTR )))-------------->

hitting about 4" higher on the bull at all distances.
Is this a weight issue or are they just more aerodynamic?

What arrows did you set them up on? carbon or Alums?

They were able to handle ALL different types of heads from traditional fixed bladed Zwickey & Magnus
You didn't happen to shoot the 125 Snuffers did you? Man I love these heads but have a hell of a time getting them to fly straight from a smaller shafted carbon. I hunted with them early last year and wound up using a fat 2514 Alum, 5" feather and a hard hellical to get them to fly like darts but penetration on the fat shafts on the first animal was extremely poor and I ditched them that day.

Anyway sounds like I'll be picking these up.

I'm over the spin wings already. I'm too hard on fletch to pay that much for what they do.

Thanks Bo :D

These vanes are a farce, do not buy them. They are really noisey when you get past thirty yards. I did not notice better groups, but I have noticed they do spin quiker, and the do not last very long. My opinion dont buy em.

Back