Fletching of a different type!

Forkyfinder

Curious if anyone has tried any of the one piece slide on vanes, see links below. I am leaning towards easyvanes but wanted feedback from the HT community.

It'd be a nice system to have spares hunting, get a consistent true helical, and be able to spine index the arrow repeatedly all without a jig or special tools.

For pure simplicity, ease of installation and cost, I've found the NAP Quickfletches hard to beat. Just get your water hot enough before dunking.

Interesting idea, I feel like I have a hard enough time finding my arrow, finding a little plastic fletching would be pretty tough but I could also see where it might be easier assuming you get a full pass through. Seems like a lot of arrows hit bone and break in half.

Think I am gonna try the easyvanes and report back. I have a feeling a more permanent install with glue would be easier to keep together - especially with temperature changes.

For pure simplicity, ease of installation and cost, I've found the NAP Quickfletches hard to beat. Just get your water hot enough before dunking.
I dont hate that idea - but the problem is there's no helical with those.

I'd like to try a helical after dealing with some erratic broadhead flight.

The Quickspins have just the slightest amount of offset and have a raised heel at the back of the vane to initiate spin. I've found them to be fine but, candidly, have not toyed around with a lot of different fletchings.

Curious if anyone has tried any of the one piece slide on vanes, see links below. I am leaning towards easyvanes but wanted feedback from the HT community.

It'd be a nice system to have spares hunting, get a consistent true helical, and be able to spine index the arrow repeatedly all without a jig or special tools.
Years ago when these first came out, there were lots of posts on Archery Talk about FOBS. They shot very well for lots of folks.

Think I am gonna try the easyvanes and report back. I have a feeling a more permanent install with glue would be easier to keep together - especially with temperature changes.
Got a range report for us yet? Starting to look at arrow setups for a new bow I have on order and was considering these.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back