Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My Wife's WY Pronghorn

What Map

A week ago Saturday my wife and I drove our truck camper to my brother’s place south of Cody, Wyoming to join a gathering of family and friends who were celebrating my niece’s birthday. She and her husband live in Wheatland and drove up to help host the event. We had a couple of dozen people from Wyoming, Montana and Colorado. A good time was had by all.

By midafternoon Sunday, most of the revelers were back on the road to their homes so they could get back to work on Monday. That left my brother, my wife and I to scout for antelope for the rest of the day. It was opening day. My wife drew the only buck antelope tag among our family. We looked over about a dozen bucks. They were all about the same, about thirteen inches in size.

We got up Monday morning at first light and headed back out and decided that we would probably not see a buck over 14 inches. So my wife picked out one of the biggest bucks we had seen the day before and the hunt was on. We got her to about 150 yards and she made a lethal shot on her buck.

We had the buck skinned and on ice in less than two hours. It was a great family birthday celebration and Wyoming antelope hunt.

Wyoming buck

Di Wy Antelope cropped 2015 reduced.jpg

Looking for that buck over 14 inches
Bro glassing 2015 reduced.jpg

Horns at sunset
WY antelope horns sunset reduced.jpg

Awesome!! My wife has a muzzleloader doe antelope doe tag and it will be her first big game animal, so I hope all goes well. Congrats to your wife! It's great to see more women hunters out there!

Sounds like a great memorable weekend trip. Nice looking buck for sure, congrats to you and your wife!

I was able to start on the European skull mount for my wife's antelope the day after we got home. Here's how it turned out.

Antelope skull mount 2015 reduced.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back