Yeti GOBOX Collection

My sons first!

Titan_Bow

My little boy and I went out to Nebraska for four days of hunting. Nebraska has some great opportunities for youth. They open shotgun for youth only a week prior to the general shotgun season, and non-resident youth tag was only $7 !
We headed out to one of my favorite public land haunts, where I've been deer and turkey hunting for several years now. Opening morning, we were on birds. We saw 10 or so gobblers that morning. We hit several places during the middle part of the day, and had several gobbles and saw a few, but couldnt draw anything in.
That evening, we set up on a little funnel that I've seen turkeys use in the past, as they head to a favorite roost. We put a single Avian X out, pointed to the roost tree, right in the middle of the funnel. We set the double bull up 15 yards or so off the little funnel.
About an hour before dark, here comes 2 hens. They milled around a bit, saw the decoy and start calling to her. We held off our calls and just watched. The hens dusted for a bit, fed, and just meandered towards the decoy. One of the hens poofed up and strutted around the decoy and pecked at it. Those 2 hens finally moved off closer to the roost tree. Then, another hen pops up, staring at the decoy. She starts calling to it, again, we were silent. She decides to proceed, and she has about 10 hens in tow, along with 3 gobblers at the tail end of the line.
The hens file past, not really giving the decoy much attention. However, the last gobbler in the line decided he had to put on a show for the decoy! He was in full strut right in front of us. My little guy made a perfect shot! We stepped it off at 19 yards. He is very excited in the fact that he is now officially a big game hunter!
20IQU2h.jpg

apscWai.jpg

VlXksrT.jpg

wmsXhL9.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back