Caribou Gear

My Son's First Buck (Test)

DRAFTSTUD

This is my son Travis' First Buck. He was 10 years old at the time. We were Hunting a Stand overlooking a Pipeline, 9 days earlier I had shot an 11 pt. with him by my side. This evening we were hunting together when this large bodied 9 point walked out in the same exact place and sniffed the same scent container as the 11 pt. I saw this buck and told Travo "Travo, there is you a buck!" He picks up his 7-08 and hits the side of the stand! The buck is lost in the smell coming from that bottle! He puts the cross-hairs on the Bucks shoulder and BOOM!, that bucks butt hit the ground! This was in 2000 and we have both Bucks mounted over our Fireplace turned toward each other...we call them the Millenium Bucks. Now I will endever to post my first picture....drum roll...

Attachments

• TRAVIS_DEER.jpg
    TRAVIS_DEER.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 189
Cool story John. Tell me, did it ruin him for smaller deer? That looks to be 130-140 inches. Very nice.

NHY, The Kid turned into a machine! He loves hunting and culls very little. Right now he is after a Real Monster that lives behind our house and a Golf Course. Big Mahogny Antlers and a big body. That Buck scored 142 Gross and netted around 137. I got him into the Louisiana Big Buck Recognition Records. Can't beat hunting with a kid for their first Deer! John

You got that right John...my 21 yr. old is my favorite huntin' bud.

Good luck to yours baggin' that brute this year.

WOW! That's a hawg! Didn't know they got that big on cajun food?? ;) Congrats to you both.

Hope Travis nails the one he is after this year.
Are you talking about hunting??? :D

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back