My Semi-Custom, sort of upgraded Tikka Build

Gila

Tikka T3X Lite 300 Win Mag in Stainless (bead blasted matte)
Tikka Barrel 24" with a 1:10" twist
Tikka Trigger adjusted to 2.4lbs
Tikka Stock
-- Vertical pistol grip
-- Wide Foregrip
-- Limbsaver recoil pad
-- 14 to 27 inch extendable Bi-pod with Pivot
-- Vibration dampening
Triad Tactical Stock Pack
Red Snake Tactical bottom metal
Accurate Mag 3.715 (metal)
Murphy Precision Picatinny Rail Stainless - 20 MOA
Burris XTR signature rings
Crimson Trace Series 5 (3X18X50mm) riflescope
Weight: 9.9 pounds unloaded and without bi-pod

Everything went together extremely well. Better than I had expected really. I was prepared to replace the stock but after I took everything apart, the stock fit the action so well that I decided to keep it. The lockup with the recoil lug is exact. There is no play what so ever. The barrel is free floated all the way back to the base of the shoulder where you would expect. The rifle is ready to go to the range to break-in the barrel and sight in. Tikka has it together to produce accurate rifles so hopefully I put everything back together correctly.

rifle1F.jpg
rifle2.jpg

rifle5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rifle, but explain the extended mag box. Always wondered why on a hunting rifle. mtmuley

Thinkin' man's rig...looks good too. I get and like the mag box rationale. More pics/info when/what you send to paper. Stock accoutrements beat the crap out'a 6 bills and 6 months wait.

Last edited:
Nice rifle, but explain the extended mag box. Always wondered why on a hunting rifle. mtmuley
That’s the military “tactical” side of my personality. I will probably hunt with a 3 round mag if I can find them. The Red Snake bottom metal allows a longer COAL for a 300 WM than the factory mags do. I can use AICS 3.715” mags.

Thinkin' man's rig...looks good too. I get and like the mag box rationale. More pics/info when/what you send to paper. Stock accoutrements beat the crap out'a 6 bills and 6 months wait.
Yup, the paper is the proof. The rifle will undoubtedly shoot better than I am capable of. I had a 30 Nosler build planned, but times being what they are, I shelved those plans for now. I have about $1,500 into this Tikka without the scope.

Friend has Tikka lite 300WSM and he has 1/11 twist barrel.

Tikka is apparently dropping the 300 WSM from their product line. All of the newer 300 Win Mag barrels for this year have the 1:10” twist. The new barrels read:
300 Win Mag 10”

Last edited:
I bought a Midway special for 700. Brownell’s MPO appears to be the same scope with a different reticle for a 1000. I don’t like a busy reticle. I have crosshairs with numbers so I can do hold over. The reticle is in mils but I usually memorize the dope sheet anyway. I like the capability to do dial-up. FFP is new to me but I like the numbers to be the same for any power setting. I also wanted a zero stop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back