CCM Tikka build

p_ham

This one will be up for grabs when it's done.
20" 7mm-08 fluted sporter 5/8-24 muzzle threads
Fluted bolt body
Mesa bottom metal
Mountain Tactical recoil lug and bolt stop
Stockys carbon fiber sporter stock

I started out by marking the flute locations with the laser. This greatly reduces the hassle of timing the flutes.
20230608_175427.jpg

With the barrel in the lathe, the bore gets dialed and pre bored. The receiver threads are then cut for a class 3 fit.
20230608_211619.jpg

Next the chamber gets cut.
20230609_213936.jpg

Since the barrel muzzle diameter is .65" I'm adding a permanent thread adapter to facilitate 5/8-24 accessories.
20230619_184715.jpg20230619_185934.jpg20230619_225459.jpg

What make is the barrel? I feel like I might need something similar to this in .223
It'd be a fun setup for .223, check out the Howa Mini actions also.

Should be a nice rifle and come in right at 6lbs with the Stockys carbon stock
Should be close to it.

:eek::eek:

Well, I know why I do my own work on Savages with prefit barrels..
Some folks prefer tank tops, others wear pearl snaps.

Right hand I assume?
Correct.

You take all that, throw in some cut-off wrangler jorts, pit vipers, and an American flag bandanna and you just described 1/2 my extended family over the 4th. Even the aunts.
I’m not scared to rock a pearl snap. Before FR clothing was required for most all oilfield work when we did pipeline jobs along a highly traveled road a few of us broke out the cutoff pearl snaps just to see the looks we’d get. Never broke out the daisy dukes though don’t have the legs to pull those off

You take all that, throw in some cut-off wrangler jorts, pit vipers, and an American flag bandanna and you just described 1/2 my extended family over the 4th. Even the aunts.
They are called "penalty glasses" in my house. Do some dumb shit and I'll make you wear them for a day.. that way you can look as stupid as you act. 20230620_194934.jpg

I’m not scared to rock a pearl snap. Before FR clothing was required for most all oilfield work when we did pipeline jobs along a highly traveled road a few of us broke out the cutoff pearl snaps just to see the looks we’d get. Never broke out the daisy dukes though don’t have the legs to pull those off
I flip a couple of my uncles all kinds of shit about their pearl snaps cut offs that started life as their “going to town” shirt in the mid 80’s, possibly even roped in it a couple times. But now has been washed so many times it only exists in two dimensions.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back