My nephew Ashton's buck...

Yes,my brother was the most excited I have ever saw him and I've been with my brother when he harvested some great deer for himself.
He is obviously a good man. They will treasure that day forever. Ashton is lucky to have a dad who puts him first like that.

Today has been crazy! My brother has been on the phone nearly all day with many different publications including North American Whitetail who want to do an article on Ashton and his buck and his passion for hunting. The Ohio DNR is going to do a story about the hunt, and there is a strong possibility that he will be the cover photo for their annual hunting regulations booklet. TBH, it's been hard for me to not tear up when I see the pictures and talk to my brother. My brother and sister in law are just so happy with Ashton getting the attention.

He and my brother have been hunting every day during bow season when my brother wasn't working to get a shot at this deer. A lot of those days, when my brother wanted to go because it was cold or windy or raining or he was tired after working the night before...he'd look over and ask Ashton if he wanted to leave and Ashton...with a smile...would always say "no, this is the best place to be dad" So thankful right now.

That’s so awesome! That is something that he will remember forever. Amazing buck and makes me happy to see this. Congratulations.

Awesome. Congrats on the buck of a lifetime right there. Such a special opportunity for your family. Three generations sharing in the hunt from start to finish. Can’t wait to see the follow-up photos when your Dad gets that thing done!

P.S. I’m guessing the turnaround time on that buck is going to be pretty good? Also, I’ve posted a few photos of my kids with their animals on here and have shared some of the ensuing likes and kind words - they have enjoyed them. Maybe Ashton would like to check out some of commentary here.

Last edited:
Awesome. Congrats on the buck of a lifetime right there. Such a special opportunity for your family. Three generations sharing in the hunt from start to finish. Can’t wait to see the follow-up photos when your Dad gets that thing done!

P.S. I’m guessing the turnaround time on that buck is going to be pretty good? Also, I’ve posted a few photos of my kids with their animals on here and have shared some of the ensuing likes and kind words - they have enjoyed them. Maybe Ashton would like to check out some of commentary here.
Yeah dad will probably wait til after drying period for official score since the magazine will want that for their story. I'll be sure to follow up. Tim, my brother, has been contacted by so many groups wanting to talk to him and Ashie about the deer and the story leading up to it. It's pretty much viral on social media hunting groups right now so I don't know what all will happen to be honest.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and looked at the original post or shared it with someone. With all the things we can debate, or sometimes argue, about the state of hunting today, this is a good reminder of what it should be about. A kid enthralled with hunting, enjoying what sounds like success earned through persistence, and a family that supports his passion. Congrats to Ashton, his Dad, and to you as his Uncle. And that's one heck of a buck too. Please pass along a high-five or fist bump from me.

A little late to this party, but SO glad I stopped in!!!

Way to go Ashton! Suddenly it got a little dusty in the office this afternoon.

Back