My Michigan bowkill 8pt.

DGF

Not much of a story here, but a memorable hunt none the less.

I was running a little late getting out to my hunting spot and I crawled into my treestand a little after daybreak. I strapped in, knocked an arrow, sat down and froze my butt off (Cold, cold morning). After about an hour two does came through a cut cornfield and worked their way within shooting range. I was debating wacking one of them before gun season messes up my bow hunting, when they stepped into the edge of the swamp. Regretting not taking a shot on one of them I looked back and saw this deer coming in with his head to the ground following where the two does had just walked. He walked by and I drew back after he had passed. I laid a nice quartering away shot into him behind his right side ribs, and passing through his left shoulder. I watched him run off and crash about 60 yards away, ending a nice bowhunt.

101459556qzKTVE_ph.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-23-2003 14:25: Message edited by: DGF ]</font>

sounds like you had a perfect hunt. Way to go! How big was he? was that 2 weekend ago when we had hunting weather?:LOL

Congrats on the buck. Looks like he bled out! You'll have to host the picture somewhere besides geocities for it to show up.

Oak

Major kudos on your hunt....Thanks for the story, but the red x has a little to be desired!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the bowkill buck...nice shot too! Like others said, you'll have to use a different host to encrypt it into the post. Otherwise, just post a link to the pic. If you want to try a different host, give www.boomspeed.com a try.

Back