Caribou Gear Tarp

my lucky year

russd

i had two archery bull elk tags this year. the first was in new mexico and the second was in arizona. i was pretty happy with myself. i will try to upload a couple of photos. this site is pretty nice i must say also.

Attachments

• DSC03303.jpg
    DSC03303.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 373
  • jeffelk3.jpg
    jeffelk3.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 369
yeah chris took both pix for me. i have 3 digital cams and forgot to bring them each time. picture taking wasn't on my mind then.

new mexico elk i caught napping with some cows. jumped up but didn't spook and took an arrow at 60 yards. the arizona hunt was very exciting. rutting really hard all week. screaming all around me. the one i shot was a satellite bull who came in on cow calls and i shot him at twenty yards. he ran about 100 yards and was dead. few days prior he stole some cows from a herd bull and ran right by me on the other side of a cedar tree. he was just screamin like an elephant he was so stoked he stole some cows for himself. opening day i missed twice i had buck fever so bad. but i really had a blast this year.

Russd, Welcome to Hunttalk.. You have every right to be proud. Those are great bulls..

:cool:

Nicely Done....welcome to Moosies Hunt Talk. (Also known as the refuge for the socially handicapped and only online 12 step Elk addiction program.) Nice bunch of guys here but you may need to lock up your women...well...and your sheep.

Cheers
Roadtrip.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back