Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My Lucky Son

jabber

The Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP) offers hunts all over the state for youth hunters at different privately owned ranches. The game that is being hunted varies from doves & ducks to whitetails, exotics and even turkeys. I visited their website a few days ago and saw they were offering a cow elk hunt in New Mexico. The youth had to write a less than 500 word essay explaining what hunting means to them. The deadline to submit was at 3:00 pm today.

At about 7:00 pm, I got a call that he had been selected. So we will be leaving on Christmas day with one other kid that was selected and going to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Ranch in New Mexico for a 4 day cow elk hunt with a muzzleloader. Here is a link to the ranch, looks pretty nice. http://www.rmef.org/Hunting/TWC/Hunt/

The really good thing about this is that it is at no cost to the hunter or his parent (ME);). Not to mention that the timing of being notified works out pretty good also. It will help brighten the next few days up for him.

Bet Jake is getting excited. I see that I can hunt muzzleloader bulls in December for only $17,000. :eek:

Bet Jake is getting excited. I see that I can hunt muzzleloader bulls in December for only $17,000. :eek:

Yea, we both are.

I was thinking about going ahead and getting a couple of bulls, since we were going to be there anyways. You know save the cost of another trip.:rolleyes:

Hope to shoot some with the camera at least.

Congratulations! Youth Hunt programs are great! Last year I got my daughter in to the elk draw and got her cow down in about three hours of hunting! That lead into a turkey hunt that ended in about four hours of hunt time!
She is hooked for life!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back