Caribou Gear Tarp

My First Antelope

Bigbuckkiller

It was my first morning first season ever of big game hunting. I was hunting in North Western Colorado and I was chasing Antelope bucks. We got out of the truck at first light and we started to walk. We walked for 15 min and then we topped the ridge. At the bottom of the bowl there was 3 does and a really nice buck. i got on the shooting sticks right as they spotted us. i squezzed of my first shot and i hit him high in the back. Then i shot and hit him a little far back. After a little bit of celibrating we decided to go find him. When we found him he was still alive so I had to put another shot into him. That buck was one of my fondest memories and i can not wait to get out and go chase them speed goats again.

Attachments

• DSCF1463.jpg
    DSCF1463.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Congrats, BBK. That is great to get a buck the first day. Welcome to the site. Hope this pronghorn is just your first of many more.

Congratulations on a great looking antelope and your first big game animal. You've already got me beat in the antelope department, I'm still waiting for my first.

Nice job.I guess you got a touch of antelope fever during the shot.It happens to all of us.I still shake when it comes to elk,but thats the fun of it
Hope you have many more successful hunts in the future

Big Buck Killer, AKA (Grasshopper) It was a great day and one I won't forget either! I can't wait to hunt with this young man for many more seasons! BBK is my stepson, and since I can't hunt with my biological son, BBK gets to put up with me during hunting season!

Be careful, they are a very addicting animal to hunt! Great job on getting that first one down.

CABugle

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back