Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My best MT buck yet

My season started off pretty awesome after filling my Montana elk tag with my bow so I planned on finding a really good mule deer once the rut hit. I figured i would hike up this ridge my buddy had hiked the previous year and had seen a nice deer about 3 miles in. I left the truck just before legal light so i could spot deer on the way in, and deer i spotted! A group of 6 does here a group of 7 does and bucks there, it was shaping up to be a good morning of looking at deer!

I had spotted a few bucks but nothing i was ready to fill my tag with on my first trip to this spot of the year. I had hiked about 2 miles up this ridge and was enjoying the lack of company for as far as i could see and the number of deer i was seeing (up to about 30 at this point) and decided to pop into a saddle and check a spot i couldnt quite see from lower on the ridge. There were a few does on one side of the saddle i was picking through looking for antler when i put my binos down and looked to my left. There standing about 150 yards away was this guy! i looked at him and knew he had decent mass and a little bit of a narrow spread and I wasn't sure i was ready to end my deer season so soon!

After a short stare down i came to the conclusion that this would be the largest buck of mine to date and with the pressure the area gets I was sure someone else wouldn't pass him up. So i got down on the bipod and took the shot. He dropped right where he was standing and that was a wrap on my 2015 season!

I know it's not the largest buck in the area or the largest posted on here but I am very happy with him! One trip out with one whole deer on the Mystery Ranch and I really wish I would have had some help! I am still sore 3 days later!

Attachments

• buck 1.jpg
    buck 1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 652
  • buck 2.jpg
    buck 2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 647
  • buck 3.jpg
    buck 3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 650
What an awesome buck. About as pretty as a guy could ask for. You did well on not passing him.

Looks like some really fun country to hunt as well.

What an awesome buck. About as pretty as a guy could ask for. You did well on not passing him.

Looks like some really fun country to hunt as well.

It's very fun to hunt! really big country that is mostly open so it makes glassing nice. But it is so big it's tough to get around!

Back