My 2014 season recap

Rat Fink

I had low expectations for this entire hunting season. My wife and I had a new baby in January and with 2 little guys to take care of and my work schedule coupled with my wife's travel schedule for her work, my days afield were going to be low. In fact I only took two days of vacation all fall, with most of my hunting being focused on weekends.

I hunted hard when I could get out and had relatively easy success for antelope, deer, and upland birds. Elk was a bit more of a struggle with a few close calls and then some hard work and perseverance finally rewarded me with my bull. Here are a few pictures of my fall adventures in Montana.

Thanks to Marshian for hosting me on my deer hunt for my buck. We figured we have been hunting together for 22 years now and hope to keep hunting together for many more.

Attachments

• Antelope Buck.jpg
    Antelope Buck.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 690
  • Buck2.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 687
  • Beaver Dam Buck3.jpg
    Beaver Dam Buck3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 687
  • Wayne's rifle doe.jpg
    Wayne's rifle doe.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 683
  • Last day limit of roosters.jpg
    Last day limit of roosters.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 686
  • Bull3.jpg
    Bull3.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 690
For only have a few days here and there, you sure made the most of it. Congrats on a great season.

For as tough and deducated as you are, I never had any doubts. Thank God for the elk, now you can survive the winter!

Great year! I hope to someday live someplace where I can hunt that variety without 1000+ mile long one way drives or plane flights. Well done!

Awesome season. I like that lever action Marlin with the doe.Congratulations.

That was a very special deer. That rifle was left to me by a buddy who died almost 2 years ago. I finally got it from his son on Sunday November 9th. I checked the sights and they were still on so I took it out for a deer on Tuesday the 11th and killed that 1.5 yr old doe with it. Just as my buddy would have wanted. I love my lever guns and I really wish I had been carrying it when I killed my bull at 40 yards in dense cover.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back