Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Mule deer foundation wildfire disaster fund

...and the reasons I won't support them.
I just thought I'd post it. RMEF is for sure the best conservation organization out there, and the only organization I'll be a life member when I can afford it.

If you support the politics and supposed mule deer focus of MDF, then it's your choice.

However, if you are wanting your financial support to go to wildlife habitat acquisition and enhancement, most of which historically has been mule deer as well as elk and other wildlife habitat and has been shown to produce the most efficient and effective results, then RMEF is hands down the best choice.

Help me out here. I have been thinking about becoming a supporter of MDF. What are their politics or other issues that would make me not want to support them.

Thanks!

I am a RMEF member for the record.

I'll admit to ignorance regarding the Mule Deer Foundation. Why the hate?
My guess is the ties to SFW. And because of that, I'd be real interested to see where this money gets applied. I bet most won't be on public land in a general unit...

My problem has nothing to do with affiliations at the moment. More how a friend was practically railroaded out of the organization. He absolutely loved it, spent hours with them, took vacation, numerous miles on his own dime (pretty sure on his own anyways), and then ask him to step away after 8 years? I had sent an email to Miles and never got a reply but those who did were told something along the lines of his enthusiasm did not line up with their corporate marketing strategy or something along those lines which is funny cause he talked about it constantly. Basically all I heard was a bunch of BS and it was about business. The only complaint I had ever heard about him was he rambles on and on when he would Emcee an event. I am just not happy with how they went about it and then asked him to just leave. It tore up the entire chapter to the point I do not think there is one anymore as most if not all members left with him. I have nothing against the mission and know they have done good things. Just not sure I care to be a part of something when they pull that.

I should also mention I have not talked to the regional directors about it. So I have not heard both sides of the story. Just the words of a friend who was was pretty crushed about it.

MDF has done some good, I've seen lots of guzzlers, habitat projects and such. I have a problem with organizations that can't openly support sportsmens views such as being against the public land transfer or renewal of the LWCF. The mule deer foundation does some decent work but yes they are too closely affiliated with SFW in a lot of ways and they stay silent on a lot of important issues. I can however get behind 100% of funds being raised going toward wildlife projects. I won't throw a lot of support their way but for something like this I can throw a little. However if you can only support one organization put your foot forward with RMEF, they are definitely the example of what a true sportsmen organization should be, and actually take stands on important issues.

MDF has done some good, I've seen lots of guzzlers, habitat projects and such. I have a problem with organizations that can't openly support sportsmens views such as being against the public land transfer or renewal of the LWCF. The mule deer foundation does some decent work but yes they are too closely affiliated with SFW in a lot of ways and they stay silent on a lot of important issues. I can however get behind 100% of funds being raised going toward wildlife projects. I won't throw a lot of support their way but for something like this I can throw a little. However if you can only support one organization put your foot forward with RMEF, they are definitely the example of what a true sportsmen organization should be, and actually take stands on important issues.

I'll bite at your baited post. MDF should admit they are the proxy, puppet, minion and b#$ch of SFW. Any support or perceived legitimacy of them only further promotes what SFW and BGF are doing.

What I would respect is if they immediately threw their support behind RMEF to manage the Utah tag program and they helped co-host a joint RMEF/MDF convention in SLC. I'm all about redemption in the world and MDF needs to act like a conservation organization dedicated to public hunter opportunities including protection or public lands and access.

p.s update your profile to show you reside in UT. I'm 99.9% sure you reside in our fine state.

Last I checked, burns are habitat restoration. The deer here love them. I've even seen deer in burns the same year the fire went through. Not sure what the deer were eating, but they had plenty of green forest a couple miles away and seemed to prefer the crispy.

I'll bite at your baited post. MDF should admit they are the proxy, puppet, minion and b#$ch of SFW. Any support or perceived legitimacy of them only further promotes what SFW and BGF are doing.

What I would respect is if they immediately threw their support behind RMEF to manage the Utah tag program and they helped co-host a joint RMEF/MDF convention in SLC. I'm all about redemption in the world and MDF needs to act like a conservation organization dedicated to public hunter opportunities including protection or public lands and access.

p.s update your profile to show you reside in UT. I'm 99.9% sure you reside in our fine state.
I agree with everything you said.

Mule Deer Foundation has no balls, i have dealt with them and see they are a fake. I will not discuss who, what or why as they may not like what is fact about them and may figure out who they left hanging. (ME!) Seems as a few of the top men are just in it for the $$$, riding a free lunch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back