Mule deer buck skulls

jt13

I'm thinking about trying to work with some sets of mule deer antlers that need a skull to mount them on. I'd like to try to have my taxidermist rig them up on a real skull as opposed to one of the many plastic reproductions.

Any one ever try such a thing? Anyone have any leads on where I can legally acquire a mule deer buck skull in good condition? Or have one or two laying around collecting dust or taking up space in the garage?

Mountain Mike's makes a fake skull for mounting sheds. A good taxidermist could probably come up with the skull and make the transition for you.

Mountain Mike's makes a fake skull for mounting sheds. A good taxidermist could probably come up with the skull and make the transition for you.
I've got one of the mountain mikes skulls already and while they get the job done they are very obviously fake and plastic. Might ask around to some taxidermists to see what they've got laying around.

Yah I used on on a buck that I had originally cut the skull cap off of. It definitely stands out with the other real skills on the wall.

Back